I'm finally going to buy myself a uke

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
All this time UU has been up, I never had a uke with me. Back in High School I used to always just borrow my mom's kamaka concert. I finally decided to be a grown ass man and buy myself one.

I called Musicguymic yesterday and I'm going to meet up with him tonight and pick up a Koa Pili Koko tenor for $300.

I've been hearing so much good stuff about them that I decided I may as well get one and if it sounds good, I can recommend it to everybody here at UU.

Congratulations!! It feels good to finally become a man, doesn't it? Ha ha... I love my Tenor, and I'm sure you will too. The extra stretch you have to do to reach the frets takes some time getting used to. But, like I've heard others say here on UU, once you go tenor, you never go back, and I can vouch for that.:p

Last edited:
Congratulations!! It feels good to finally become a man, doesn't it? Ha ha... I love my Tenor, I'm sure you will too. The extra stretch you have to do to reach frets takes some getting used to. But like I've heard others say here on UU, once you go tenor, you never go back, and I can vouch for that.

Yeah the quote i made is "once you go tenor you'll settle for no lesser". Ryan's jus mad cuz he has to give u his kala soprano. JUS KIDDIN! Haha.

I just ordered sumtin from musicguymic this morning, hey ryan dont you still have some of those shirts from IslandMusic Networks that you said you might give out? Haha you wanna stick on in my box when u see him later so he can use it for some extra padding and cuz i want a free shirt :D

Yeah the quote i made is "once you go tenor you'll settle for no lesser". Ryan's jus mad cuz he has to give u his kala soprano. JUS KIDDIN! Haha.

I just ordered sumtin from musicguymic this morning, hey ryan dont you still have some of those shirts from IslandMusic Networks that you said you might give out? Haha you wanna stick on in my box when u see him later so he can use it for some extra padding and cuz i want a free shirt :D

Hahaha. I dont know if he'll let me do that...

Hahaha. I dont know if he'll let me do that...

aww man haha. he might have boxed it already anywayz. next time next time.:D

dont forget to try out other ukuleles too, till u have that connection with "The One"

All this time UU has been up, I never had a uke with me. Back in High School I used to always just borrow my mom's kamaka concert. I finally decided to be a grown ass man and buy myself one.

I called Musicguymic yesterday and I'm going to meet up with him tonight and pick up a Koa Pili Koko tenor for $300.

I've been hearing so much good stuff about them that I decided I may as well get one and if it sounds good, I can recommend it to everybody here at UU.

so what are you going to do with that broken kamaka?

youre tempting me to grab one of those KPK ukes man. let us know how you like it!

Congratulations!! It feels good to finally become a man, doesn't it? Ha ha... I love my Tenor, and I'm sure you will too. The extra stretch you have to do to reach the frets takes some time getting used to. But, like I've heard others say here on UU, once you go tenor, you never go back, and I can vouch for that.:p

funny, cuz ive always had only tenors (and the one baritone). and yesterday i got my first concert haha.

Congrats Ryan. I always wanted to know how those KPKs sound. Seems like a lot of uke for the $$.

haha Congrats Ryan! I would love to hear you play uke. I just wanna see how good u are.You gonna post a vid when u get it?

I am not good at the ukulele at ALL! haha. We have a rule at UU, if I can play the song on the uke, it's too easy and we won't make a lesson about it.

I would say the majority of you guys are better than me. :p

Anyways, I'm off to see Musicguymic! I'll be back with my uke.

WOW! new Uke? can i have it? haha! must be awesome just be able to GO to musicguymic while us mainlanders go to his ebay store...:p

Haha....it's like you are having a baby or something..ahha. We are all excited to see what you have... I hope it's cute....haha. Wait....calling a uke "cute" is an insult....sorry!

Post up a vid asap Ryan!

I just got back from Kaneohe. Met up with Mic, he's a cool guy. Didn't realize how busy he is shipping out ukuleles all over the world.

I'll make a video review of my KPK later tonight. I gotta go get some dinner with my gf. She's been waiting.

Haha....it's like you are having a baby or something..ahha. We are all excited to see what you have... I hope it's cute....haha. Wait....calling a uke "cute" is an insult....sorry!

Post up a vid asap Ryan!

yeah its an insult, the ukulele is the manliest of the stringed instruments, haha. :D

I just got back from Kaneohe. Met up with Mic, he's a cool guy. Didn't realize how busy he is shipping out ukuleles all over the world.

I'll make a video review of my KPK later tonight. I gotta go get some dinner with my gf. She's been waiting.

Yeah dude I've been waiting! Where's my dinnah?! Hahahahahahahahaha jk.

Lemme know how that thing sounds dood

Top Bottom