PDA

View Full Version : I'm finally going to buy myself a uke

rayan
03-02-2008, 02:34 PM
All this time UU has been up, I never had a uke with me. Back in High School I used to always just borrow my mom's kamaka concert. I finally decided to be a grown ass man and buy myself one.

I called Musicguymic yesterday and I'm going to meet up with him tonight and pick up a Koa Pili Koko tenor for $300.

I've been hearing so much good stuff about them that I decided I may as well get one and if it sounds good, I can recommend it to everybody here at UU.

menehunenyc
03-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Congratulations!! It feels good to finally become a man, doesn't it? Ha ha... I love my Tenor, and I'm sure you will too. The extra stretch you have to do to reach the frets takes some time getting used to. But, like I've heard others say here on UU, once you go tenor, you never go back, and I can vouch for that.:p

Ukulele_Junkie
03-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Congratulations!! It feels good to finally become a man, doesn't it? Ha ha... I love my Tenor, I'm sure you will too. The extra stretch you have to do to reach frets takes some getting used to. But like I've heard others say here on UU, once you go tenor, you never go back, and I can vouch for that.

Yeah the quote i made is "once you go tenor you'll settle for no lesser". Ryan's jus mad cuz he has to give u his kala soprano. JUS KIDDIN! Haha.

I just ordered sumtin from musicguymic this morning, hey ryan dont you still have some of those shirts from IslandMusic Networks that you said you might give out? Haha you wanna stick on in my box when u see him later so he can use it for some extra padding and cuz i want a free shirt :D

rayan
03-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah the quote i made is "once you go tenor you'll settle for no lesser". Ryan's jus mad cuz he has to give u his kala soprano. JUS KIDDIN! Haha.

I just ordered sumtin from musicguymic this morning, hey ryan dont you still have some of those shirts from IslandMusic Networks that you said you might give out? Haha you wanna stick on in my box when u see him later so he can use it for some extra padding and cuz i want a free shirt :D

Hahaha. I dont know if he'll let me do that...

Ukulele_Junkie
03-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Hahaha. I dont know if he'll let me do that...

aww man haha. he might have boxed it already anywayz. next time next time.:D

dont forget to try out other ukuleles too, till u have that connection with "The One"

NukeDOC
03-02-2008, 03:16 PM
All this time UU has been up, I never had a uke with me. Back in High School I used to always just borrow my mom's kamaka concert. I finally decided to be a grown ass man and buy myself one.

I called Musicguymic yesterday and I'm going to meet up with him tonight and pick up a Koa Pili Koko tenor for $300.

I've been hearing so much good stuff about them that I decided I may as well get one and if it sounds good, I can recommend it to everybody here at UU.

so what are you going to do with that broken kamaka?

youre tempting me to grab one of those KPK ukes man. let us know how you like it!

Congratulations!! It feels good to finally become a man, doesn't it? Ha ha... I love my Tenor, and I'm sure you will too. The extra stretch you have to do to reach the frets takes some time getting used to. But, like I've heard others say here on UU, once you go tenor, you never go back, and I can vouch for that.:p

funny, cuz ive always had only tenors (and the one baritone). and yesterday i got my first concert haha.

Fred Miu
03-02-2008, 03:48 PM
im happy for you ryan.

please post a video of you playing it :D

UKESTAR
03-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Congrats Ryan. I always wanted to know how those KPKs sound. Seems like a lot of uke for the $$.

Misguided Musician
03-02-2008, 04:08 PM
haha Congrats Ryan! I would love to hear you play uke. I just wanna see how good u are.You gonna post a vid when u get it?

rayan
03-02-2008, 04:31 PM
haha Congrats Ryan! I would love to hear you play uke. I just wanna see how good u are.You gonna post a vid when u get it?

I am not good at the ukulele at ALL! haha. We have a rule at UU, if I can play the song on the uke, it's too easy and we won't make a lesson about it.

I would say the majority of you guys are better than me. :p

Anyways, I'm off to see Musicguymic! I'll be back with my uke.

Ian Boys
03-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Sounds awesome. Have fun picking out your uke!

BUGOY
03-02-2008, 05:25 PM
WOW! new Uke? can i have it? haha! must be awesome just be able to GO to musicguymic while us mainlanders go to his ebay store...:p

dafamcallsmebj
03-02-2008, 06:13 PM
so what are you going to do with that broken kamaka?

funny, cuz ive always had only tenors (and the one baritone). and yesterday i got my first concert haha.

ANOTHER UKE ARVIN!!!!
man i am truly jealous!!!
hahaha

Ukulele_Junkie
03-02-2008, 06:19 PM
ANOTHER UKE ARVIN!!!!
man i am truly jealous!!!
hahaha

Nuke has pics of it here, $50 dollar concert ukulele changed into a one of a kinda makala piece haha.
http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1040

UkuLeLesReggAe
03-02-2008, 06:22 PM
congrats on the uke. Great choice of ukulele as well.

UKESTAR
03-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Haha....it's like you are having a baby or something..ahha. We are all excited to see what you have... I hope it's cute....haha. Wait....calling a uke "cute" is an insult....sorry!

Post up a vid asap Ryan!

rayan
03-02-2008, 06:26 PM
I just got back from Kaneohe. Met up with Mic, he's a cool guy. Didn't realize how busy he is shipping out ukuleles all over the world.

I'll make a video review of my KPK later tonight. I gotta go get some dinner with my gf. She's been waiting.

Ukulele_Junkie
03-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Haha....it's like you are having a baby or something..ahha. We are all excited to see what you have... I hope it's cute....haha. Wait....calling a uke "cute" is an insult....sorry!

Post up a vid asap Ryan!

yeah its an insult, the ukulele is the manliest of the stringed instruments, haha. :D

UKESTAR
03-02-2008, 06:39 PM
yeah its an insult, the ukulele is the manliest of the stringed instruments, haha. :D

Yep! :D:D:D

Aldrine Guerrero
03-02-2008, 07:11 PM
I just got back from Kaneohe. Met up with Mic, he's a cool guy. Didn't realize how busy he is shipping out ukuleles all over the world.

I'll make a video review of my KPK later tonight. I gotta go get some dinner with my gf. She's been waiting.

Yeah dude I've been waiting! Where's my dinnah?! Hahahahahahahahaha jk.

Lemme know how that thing sounds dood

ukulele123
03-02-2008, 07:56 PM

does he have a store or something?

Ukulele_Junkie
03-02-2008, 07:59 PM
does he have a store or something?

he has a workshop and yes a ukulele devoted store. he has a picture of it in ebay.

mossyoak
03-02-2008, 08:31 PM
I might order one from him soon. I can`t decide whether I want to or not.

tripl3thr33
03-02-2008, 09:22 PM
congrats ryan! if your rule is true..... and if you learn from aldrine...... then we might never learn songs!!! haha

rayan
03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
I just made a quick vid of my first impressions with the KPK Tenor.

I'll post it up as soon as its on youchoob.

rayan
03-02-2008, 09:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GYZGv0WXVQ

Ok heres my first impressions. All in all, I'm pretty impressed with it. For $300 the tone of the sound it produces rivals ukuleles that are double or triple in price.

kyle
03-02-2008, 09:38 PM
very nice very nice ryan! now time to catch up on those lessons!

davoomac
03-02-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm diggin that ukulele man.. nice review video.

you think maybe everyone should do one of their own ukulele's so people can get ideas for new ukulele purchases?

david98116
03-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Man !! I just bought a new Kanile'a not 2 weeks ago and I'm still jealous. I've got it bad. I want to try one of those solid mango wood ukuleles. Nice look. The acacia wood looks pretty nice too. Now go practice......:D

nikolo727
03-03-2008, 05:37 AM
:p

NICE!

i bought my uke from him

im very happy with the quality of the uke that i bought

shipping came in a day early as expected, it had absolutely NO damages,(except for the box, but the gig case and ukulele itself were in perfect condition.), and it really is a great ukulele.

i will probubly always buy from him, becuase hes pretty much the best choice i have since i live in Pennsylvania

drubin
03-03-2008, 05:40 AM
Great review of your new Koa Pili Koko, Ryan! Thanks for posting it. Sounds like a great ukulele.

Ukulele_Junkie
03-03-2008, 05:53 AM

you think maybe everyone should do one of their own ukulele's so people can get ideas for new ukulele purchases?

dude thats a frickin great idea! I'll make one of the new kala i'm gettin in the mail cuz i know a few people are trying to hit up the mahogany series from musicguymic too

ChiyoDad
03-03-2008, 06:05 AM
yeah its an insult, the ukulele is the manliest of the stringed instruments, haha.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_hMJKe0Vprf4/R4b4dOp131I/AAAAAAAAAC0/ZLnXjTqyM9k/s320/DSC_0552.jpg
Image from GX9901's blog.

The KoAloha Scepter is definitely manly. Doesn't look like a girly-man ukulele. ;)

http://stylemens.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/27/arnold_1_2.jpg
"You must buy the KoAloha Scepter!!"

rayan
03-03-2008, 06:25 AM

Haha, you could, we're coming out with an ukulele review section too though pretty soon where you guys can submit reviews of your ukes. Maybe you guys can link to your video reviews.

titoboy5
03-03-2008, 06:20 PM
congrats! have fun with the new baby!