Who Owns A Pohaku Ukulele? Show us your pics!!

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone with a Pohaku Ukulele? Of all my custom ukuleles, this is probably 1 of my top 3 instruments in my collection. It is a concert with a sound as big if not bigger than some tenors because of very large radius back and larger body that I asked for. If you have a Pohaku, please post your pics. I would love to see who owns them and where they are in the world.

PA070027.jpg
PA070041.jpg
PA070016.jpg
IMG_3712_1.jpg
_MG_3703_1.jpg

Ginny and I own three Pohaku ukuleles: my tenor, her soprano, our concert. Each one unique and all sound superb.

Craig's tenor:

Attachments

• Whole top.jpg
    Whole top.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Koa surround.jpg
    Koa surround.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Lower End.jpg
    Lower End.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Im salivating here... Beautiful, Craig!

My Pohaku mahogany soprano (post #3) is the uke I've had the longest. Many others have come and gone.
Next to my new MB, it's the uke I play the most.

I'm lucky enough to own this concert, cedar over mahogany. Fantastic sounding instrument.
Concert-B&W-Bridge-01.jpgConcert-B&W-Bridge-02.jpgConcert-B&W-Bridge-03.jpgConcert-B&W-Bridge-04.jpgConcert-B&W-Bridge-05.jpg

Really big sound for a concert. It's Peter Hurney's regular-sized concert, not one of his smaller "concert 10" ukes.

Last edited:
Michael, I'd like to bring one for you to play on our visit, but don't think Ginny would let me. : )

Sold this Pohaku soprano, years ago....what was I thinking?

attachment.php

P1020343-2.jpg

Really nice song, keonepax, and the perfect ukulele for it too!

Wow. They're all such sweethearts. Just love Peter's work.

I've been meaning to do a review of the Pohaku concert I recently picked up. It's incredible! Outstanding playability, tone and looks! Here's a few pics of it from Peter's website.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Top Bottom