Moderator review pending

Futurethink

Reaction score
A couple of my posts have recently been blocked for moderator review. Both included links, but I've made other posts with links which were not blocked.

I posted two replies to "Ukuleles with scale length between concert and tenor?" (in the Uke Talk forum) which have yet to appear. A message appeared saying that my post would appear after a moderator reviewed it. I posted again 24 hours later when it still hadn't appeared. Two days later, my second post has not appeared.

Just now, a post I made in the thread "New GCEA head here with questions" (in the New Member Introductions forum) was blocked pending review.

Am I on some kind of a list because I'm new? I understand the need to protect against SPAM. I don't have a financial interest in any ukulele vendors. I'm just trying to be helpful.

It can't be just the links. As I said, I posted something else last night with a link and it was not blocked. Whatever algorithm is being used feels a bit arbitrary.

Don't take this as a whine... I'm trying to understand whether I'm breaking some sort of policy.

Hello futurethink,
welcome to UU, Iam in a similar situation to you. not on UU but on another site I was just assigned moderator. At UU they do moderate your early posts. Don't know how many.10-12? I think it is programmed as you suggest. Try this investigate the site and post innocuous posts in threads of interest, If it is as we surmise youll get over the entry block. IamNoMan

Thanks for the reply, IamNoMan. I appreciate your suggestion.

I've read rumors here that something magical might occur after 10 posts, but no confirmation. It's hard to reach 10 posts when a third of those don't appear.

I have been reading about 8 of the forums on a pretty regular basis, learning as much as I can. I tend to not post unless I believe I have something to contribute. As a newbie, I don't yet have much to contribute. Thus, my post count stays low.

Keep posting I think it's only 10 or so.

This is a great place but unfortunately get spammed on a regular basis. So just be patient it's well worth it.

Hello moderators? Can you help, please?
Another week has gone by, and the posts I wrote about here have still not appeared. Will one of you please okay my posts, or please explain to me why they have not been okayed?
Thank you.

Top Bottom