Moore Bettah #1221 for sale

Tailgate

Reaction score
I have sold off several of my ukes in the past few months via the marketplace, but my Moore Bettah is going up on eBay tomorrow (Sunday) for a 10 day auction. I'm selling to pay a surprise tax bill to Uncle Sam.

Starting minimum is $4,900. I will post the link tomorrow in this thread. I don't know what to expect from this sale, except that eBay fees will make anyone choke. Probably limiting my options, but I decided to only ship to US or Canada.

Fyi, top is Bear Claw Spruce, back & sides is a beautiful Milo. Pic attached. I'm the second owner of this ukulele having been lucky enough to buy it from another UU member about a year ago.

Chuck is aware of the sale and provided me with some of his pictures to use. Not only is he a gifted craftsman, he is quite a gentleman.

I've owned Kanile'a, KoAloha, Collings, Pono, Compass Rose, Mya Moe and other ukes. This MB is amazing and IMHO, in a whole class by itself. I will regret selling her, but I must.

Cheers... and thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 1221.jpg
    1221.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 265
Hi,

I thought you would get more traction on your sale if you listed this in the Market place section ...

Just a thought. Good luck with the sale.

good point, but UU rules mention not posting eBay or off site sales in marketplace.. I plan to include the link when it goes live and post it here. Maybe I'm taking the rules too literally.

Hi,

I thought you would get more traction on your sale if you listed this in the Market place section ...

Just a thought. Good luck with the sale.

good point, but UU rules mention not posting eBay or off site sales in marketplace.. I plan to include the link when it goes live and post it here. Maybe I'm taking the rules too literally.

That is correct. The Marketplace is only permitted for sales that take place within UU. External links to eBay or other places of sale should be in this section of the forum. That being said, I cannot imagine you will have a problem selling this beautiful ukulele.

Yes, true.

I think you could sell this REALLY FAST here ... so try here first, and if it doesn't move, then go to Ebay.

unless he wants to see how much he could get

yep, I've sold quite a few ukes on the Marketplace.. all were smooth sales, but they weren't instruments that are in such high demand... I'm blessed to have had a MB and someone is gonna be very happy. I hope that it goes to a UU member...that would be great.

yep, I've sold quite a few ukes on the Marketplace.. all were smooth sales, but they weren't instruments that are in such high demand... I'm blessed to have had a MB and someone is gonna be very happy. I hope that it goes to a UU member...that would be great.

Very happy indeed. It is a lovely ukulele and MB ukes on the secondary market are incredibly tough to find. Good luck with your sale. :)

Very happy indeed. It is a lovely ukulele and MB ukes on the secondary market are incredibly tough to find. Good luck with your sale. :)

thanks for the encouragement..... thought I'd go ahead and post a few more pics..

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpg
    IMG_1171.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0006 2.jpg
    DSC_0006 2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 112
  • Chuck Moore 8-11-12_001.jpg
    Chuck Moore 8-11-12_001.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 8-11-12_005.jpg
    8-11-12_005.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 106
All the best with it Bob, really hope you're able to get a good price for what is an incredible instrument.

Here's to hoping the original owner gets a "thank you" cut/gift. Good luck with the sale. -- Matt

Here's to hoping the original owner gets a "thank you" cut/gift. Good luck with the sale. -- Matt

Gee, is that a hint from the original owner? lol.

Another beauty from Chuck. Good luck with the sale, it already has a interested bidder, and hopefully others will notice and bid.

These always surprise me. Anyway good luck with your sale. If I ever get a MB from Chuck I would rather sell my car than my uke. Alas one day.......

Top Bottom