PDA

View Full Version : Moore Bettah #1221 for sale

Tailgate
03-07-2015, 09:34 AM
I have sold off several of my ukes in the past few months via the marketplace, but my Moore Bettah is going up on eBay tomorrow (Sunday) for a 10 day auction. I'm selling to pay a surprise tax bill to Uncle Sam.

Starting minimum is $4,900. I will post the link tomorrow in this thread. I don't know what to expect from this sale, except that eBay fees will make anyone choke. Probably limiting my options, but I decided to only ship to US or Canada.

Fyi, top is Bear Claw Spruce, back & sides is a beautiful Milo. Pic attached. I'm the second owner of this ukulele having been lucky enough to buy it from another UU member about a year ago.

Chuck is aware of the sale and provided me with some of his pictures to use. Not only is he a gifted craftsman, he is quite a gentleman.

I've owned Kanile'a, KoAloha, Collings, Pono, Compass Rose, Mya Moe and other ukes. This MB is amazing and IMHO, in a whole class by itself. I will regret selling her, but I must.

Cheers... and thanks for looking.

sam13
03-07-2015, 10:51 AM
Hi,

I thought you would get more traction on your sale if you listed this in the Market place section ...

Just a thought. Good luck with the sale.

Tailgate
03-07-2015, 11:04 AM
good point, but UU rules mention not posting eBay or off site sales in marketplace.. I plan to include the link when it goes live and post it here. Maybe I'm taking the rules too literally.

wickedwahine11
03-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Hi,

I thought you would get more traction on your sale if you listed this in the Market place section ...

Just a thought. Good luck with the sale.

good point, but UU rules mention not posting eBay or off site sales in marketplace.. I plan to include the link when it goes live and post it here. Maybe I'm taking the rules too literally.

That is correct. The Marketplace is only permitted for sales that take place within UU. External links to eBay or other places of sale should be in this section of the forum. That being said, I cannot imagine you will have a problem selling this beautiful ukulele.

sam13
03-07-2015, 11:52 AM
Yes, true.

I think you could sell this REALLY FAST here ... so try here first, and if it doesn't move, then go to Ebay.

Dan Uke
03-07-2015, 12:02 PM
Yes, true.

I think you could sell this REALLY FAST here ... so try here first, and if it doesn't move, then go to Ebay.

unless he wants to see how much he could get

Tailgate
03-07-2015, 12:28 PM
unless he wants to see how much he could get

yep, I've sold quite a few ukes on the Marketplace.. all were smooth sales, but they weren't instruments that are in such high demand... I'm blessed to have had a MB and someone is gonna be very happy. I hope that it goes to a UU member...that would be great.

wickedwahine11
03-07-2015, 12:43 PM
yep, I've sold quite a few ukes on the Marketplace.. all were smooth sales, but they weren't instruments that are in such high demand... I'm blessed to have had a MB and someone is gonna be very happy. I hope that it goes to a UU member...that would be great.

Very happy indeed. It is a lovely ukulele and MB ukes on the secondary market are incredibly tough to find. Good luck with your sale. :)

Tailgate
03-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Very happy indeed. It is a lovely ukulele and MB ukes on the secondary market are incredibly tough to find. Good luck with your sale. :)

thanks for the encouragement..... thought I'd go ahead and post a few more pics..

Dan Uke
03-07-2015, 01:28 PM
thanks for the encouragement..... thought I'd go ahead and post a few more pics..

I would love slotted plumeria!!

Tailgate
03-08-2015, 04:32 AM
The link to the eBay sale is HERE (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moore-Bettah-tenor-ukulele-Bear-Claw-Spruce-top-Milo-back-and-sides-/121589680515?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123) thanks, all....

Hippie Dribble
03-08-2015, 12:58 PM
All the best with it Bob, really hope you're able to get a good price for what is an incredible instrument.

Jeffelele
03-08-2015, 05:05 PM
I love the choices that combine wow and elegance at the same time.

Jeff

soupking
03-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Here's to hoping the original owner gets a "thank you" cut/gift. Good luck with the sale. -- Matt

Uke man
03-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Here's to hoping the original owner gets a "thank you" cut/gift. Good luck with the sale. -- Matt

Gee, is that a hint from the original owner? lol.

Another beauty from Chuck. Good luck with the sale, it already has a interested bidder, and hopefully others will notice and bid.

costaricadave
03-11-2015, 02:54 AM
Wow...Wonder how high it will go?

Debby
03-11-2015, 04:43 AM

Is that customary??

Newportlocal
03-11-2015, 08:30 AM
These always surprise me. Anyway good luck with your sale. If I ever get a MB from Chuck I would rather sell my car than my uke. Alas one day.......

Dan Uke
03-11-2015, 10:37 AM
These always surprise me. Anyway good luck with your sale. If I ever get a MB from Chuck I would rather sell my car than my uke. Alas one day.......

I just check online and a MBU will sell for more than my car!!

Newportlocal
03-11-2015, 10:40 AM

;) true. Btw I will PM you my new number. We still need to do lunch in the next month or so. Good to see you.

wickedwahine11
03-18-2015, 05:15 AM
So it looks like the uke sold for $5402. I am hoping the lucky winner was a UU member. :)

NewKid
03-18-2015, 11:37 AM

Well at least you have your priorities in order!

LittleCeci
03-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Aloha, I won the auction yesterday. My name is Cecilia, a new UU member ;)

sukie
03-18-2015, 03:58 PM

Welcome to the family.

What's your ukulele history?

wickedwahine11
03-18-2015, 04:07 PM

Congratulations! Welcome to both the UU and Moore Bettah families. That is a lovely uke you got there. :)

LittleCeci
03-18-2015, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome :) I am just a beginner, started to learn uke last year by my own. I do love these beautiful ukes and I love to sing with my uke. So far I own a concert uke, a Ko'olau model 300 tenor, and now I am looking forward to seeing my dream uke of Moore Bettah. So excited to win the auction that I didn't sleep well last nite.
Welcome to the family.

What's your ukulele history?

LittleCeci
03-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Thanks so much. I love it to death :D Hope I could learn hard and practise more. My English is just so so, please neglect the language mistakes I've made, if any ;)

RichM
03-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Thanks so much. I love it to death :D Hope I could learn hard and practise more. My English is just so so, please neglect the language mistakes I've made, if any ;)

I've played the Moore Bettah you just bought. It is a very special instrument.

hawaii 50
03-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome :) I am just a beginner, started to learn uke last year by my own. I do love these beautiful ukes and I love to sing with my uke. So far I own a concert uke, a Ko'olau model 300 tenor, and now I am looking forward to seeing my dream uke of Moore Bettah. So excited to win the auction that I didn't sleep well last nite.

welcome to the MB family...you should look for my friend coolcow on the UU..she is from Hong Kong and is an avid Moore Bettah fan also...:)

LittleCeci
03-18-2015, 06:01 PM
Aloha :) I guess u are the first owner and Bob is the second. I'm so lucky to find my dream uke, thanks a lot O(∩_∩)O
I've played the Moore Bettah you just bought. It is a very special instrument.

LittleCeci
03-18-2015, 06:15 PM
Wow, that sounds nice. I am trying to explore more function of our forum. Thanks for the recommedation, I will try to have a look at Coolcow's page :)
welcome to the MB family...you should look for my friend coolcow on the UU..she is from Hong Kong and is an avid Moore Bettah fan also...:)

guitharsis
03-18-2015, 11:34 PM

Congrats! It's beautiful. Welcome to UU.

LittleCeci
03-19-2015, 12:45 AM
Thx a lot :)
Congrats! It's beautiful. Welcome to UU.

Dan Uke
03-19-2015, 06:16 AM
congrats LittleCeci! MBUs are the best instruments out there!

Tailgate
03-19-2015, 12:57 PM
The MB is packaged and ready to ship tomorrow.. congrats and thank you for a smooth sale on eBay. You will love the sound of this Luke... RichM (you are correct, he is the first owner), described it as a real 'growler' and that's a fitting description.

Bob

LittleCeci
03-19-2015, 10:41 PM
Yes, definitely! So happy to join this warm family ;)
congrats LittleCeci! MBUs are the best instruments out there!

LittleCeci
03-19-2015, 10:49 PM
Hi Bob, millions of thanks, to you and also to RichM. It is so nice of u :) I am over the moon ;) My friend will return home this May or June and she will bring it directly to my sweet home. I will cherish her, take good care of her, like my own baby:o
The MB is packaged and ready to ship tomorrow.. congrats and thank you for a smooth sale on eBay. You will love the sound of this Luke... RichM (you are correct, he is the first owner), described it as a real 'growler' and that's a fitting description.

Bob