Kiwaya KTC-2 Hard case

fongie

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone recommend me to a good hard case for my new Kiwaya uku?

I only received my KTC-2 a few minutes ago here in Brisbane Aust. purchased from Cairns Music Australia.

I tell you, I am quite disappointed some what with the case it came in. Especially when I paid over 1K for this uke.

Before I purchased this uke, these guys offer me a hard case or free postage, I took the case. Apparently Kiwaya don't supply a hard case only soft. My understanding is a hard case is a hard case not a canvas wrapped over foam case. Not sure what the definition of a hard case is.

Not only that, the uke does not sit snug, it is so big inside the uke moves around.

Anyway, apologies for my ranting, just needed it off my chest. So back to a good case. Can you let me know what brand case is good. Cheers

Last edited:
I got a black Fremont case for mine and like it a lot.

Tah Tim, okay I will look into it. Cheers

Tim, can you tell me, is it a snug fit? I also hope we have these here in Australia.

Last edited:
Fits fine. Not too snug, KTC-2 doesn't move in the case when closed and shaken. Very protective case with generous storage. Recommended!

Fits fine. Not too snug, KTC-2 doesn't move in the case when closed and shaken. Very protective case with generous storage. Recommended!

Tah Tim, I hope I find one.

Tim, what strings are you using? Not sure what these are on mine, but they're not good. I have a few sets of Martin 600 FC, I'm thinking of trying them.

I have used Aquila Nylgut concert sets on all my ukuleles, for years. They work for me, but I haven't tried everything else!

I have used Aquila Nylgut concert sets on all my ukuleles, for years. They work for me, but I haven't tried everything else!

Hey Tim, tah mate. I do like Aquila's I have use them many times before. I just put a set of Martin 600 on just to see how that goes first. My, I sure am happy with the results, can't wait for it to settle.

I will also try Aquila's too, hoping to find the right combo. Tah again Tim, appreciate it

Top Bottom