WTB (where to buy) Kerfing and bracings

Same as DazW - Snowcauldron on eBay. Currently only offering fretwire, which I also buy from him.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I'll send a message to Snowcauldron, and I'll also look into his fret wire.

I'm struggling a bit to find the components to self build. Bracings, heal an neck blocks, neck blanks etc.
I don't have the power tools to make my own, but don't really want to buy full 'kits'

Advice is greatly appreciated!

KEV

That's a great site (along with the Stewmac stuff)
I've long been browsing them for ideas, but for the amount I need, I hope to purchase from UK or European. Union.

With the current strength of the pound against the euro, Madinter in Spain is a good source, but postage is still expensive and you will probably need to buy bigger bits than you need. I buy their B grade guitar fretboards for use on ukes, but I order enough to make the postage worthwhile. You can use the spare wood from guitar sizes to make bridges, headstock veneers, neck blocks etc. A bass guitar fingerboard will easily yield two ukes. The other option is simply to spend some time searching eBay - plenty of Sapele billets around, but look carefully at the grain pattern. Sherwingroup currently have some quarter sawn straight grained pieces. If it is more than you need, you can re-sell the excess.

I make my own. I just use basswood strips and kerf them with my table saw. Sorry I could not offer anything more constructive.

Doc FMF

An old thread resurrected, but I thought it worth mentioning that after several months, the UK ebay supplier of Uke kerfing (Snowcauldron) has new stock listed.

Top Bottom