Mele Solid Mahogany Guitarlele

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
FINAL PRICE REDUCTION - $300

I am thinning out my collection and have decided to sell my Mele solid mahogany guitarlele. I would keep it but I have another guitarlele that I prefer to play. The other guitarlele is a Tacoma Papoose steel string guitar that I converted to nylon string. It is slightly larger in all dimensions than the Mele and has a radiused fingerboard. It has since become my go to guitarlele and the Mele just isn't getting played so it needs to go.

The Mele is essentially a baritone size. The scale length is 20-1/4" and the neck width at the nut is 1-3/4". It plays very easily, action is low and it has a very nice sound to it, not muted by any means.

The only issue with this instrument was caused by me. I failed to adequately humidify it and the neck has ever so slightly bowed in a longitudinal direction along the length of the neck. This "bowing" is extremely hard to detect and most people would never notice it but I am noting it so the buyer will be aware of its condition. It is stabilized and does not affect the playability of the instrument in any way. The neck remains straight along the fingerboard. The structural stability of the instrument is also not affected. I have shown the "bowing" in the photos.

The instrument uses any classical guitar set and is tuned to ADGCEA.

The hard case shown in the photos is included.

Mele is selling these for $699 plus $80 for the hard case. I am asking $300 and I will pay shipping within CONUS. I prefer and accept Paypal.

Mele is currently using a YouTube video I did as an example of the instrument being played. Please excuse my dogs, they can't help it...!!! Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ApTpmelU4

Thanks for looking...!!!

IMG_0175.jpgIMG_0168.jpgIMG_0169.jpgIMG_0170.jpgIMG_0171.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some more photos showing the slight "bowing" of the neck. The playability of the instrument is not affected.

IMG_0191.jpgIMG_0192.jpg

Sorry for the duplicate post. I'm computer challenged.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.