My Facebook Game

tuscadero

Reaction score
As a goof last week, I posted a verse and chorus of "Word Up" by Cameo to my Facebook and invited my friends to guess what I was butchering. Luckily for my ego, after a few clues, we had a winner.

A few folks commented that they liked the game, so this week I launched it all official-like, with prizes and clues and a schedule and everything.

Now, I'm still in bash-a-chord land, and I'm not singing along, so it's pretty challenging to figure out what the heck I'm playing, but I'm getting some enthusiastic participants, and I'm getting some practice recording myself and listening to how I might sound to others and I find that helpful for learning and improving.

Also, many of my FB people are completely unfamiliar with ukulele and some of them have commented how cool it sounds, so there's some evangelizing there.

I'm not really sure why I'm sharing this with you all, other than it's been rather successful and I thought you might find that amusing—perhaps you'll try it yourselves!

That's a cool idea! Are you posting a vid or a sound bite? Can non-FB get to it - I want to try to guess even if it's not for prizes. :D

I'm just doing soundbite. No vids for me, thx.

I think I can post a link to the mp3 here, hmmm... Friday Uke Tune

There you go, first verse, pre-chorus and chorus in basic basher form.

I guessed it!!

Yup! Seeso's name is in the hat for the fabulous prize drawing to be announced on Sunday.
It is very humbling to have Seeso recognize a song I've played. I will have a Friday beer and celebrate!

Wow I have absolutely no clue! It sounds pretty though. I was humming a melody but not a melody of any song I've heard before. lol

It's I Believe I Can Fly, by R. Kelly, although I'm pretty sure I'm a bit up-tempo from the original. Probably influenced by the Gimme Gimmes version.

Top Bottom