Fluke Imitates Moore?

The have been solar since they opened in Sheffield.

The major difference between Chuck and Magic Fluke is that Chuck is off the grid completely, by necessity; Magic Fluke is off the grid by choice.

I have had solar panels on my home in upstate NY for a little less than 2 years, and have seen my electric bills drop significantly (but not this past month, for some reason... Could it be the 8" of snow on the panels for 24 days of February??) If I had as many panels as Magic Fluke, I'd probably never pay another electric bill again, but I only had room for 24 panels.

But between those 24 panels, and my plug-in hybrid car, the energy usage I have to pay for has decreased by 50-60%.

-Kurt​

There's just so many good things about this company. I have 3 of their instruments now, and want a few more, a Firefly (if/when they make a tenor), a Cricket, a Fluke SB, and in June they are coming out with a short-scale bass...

So glad to see them to continue to be at the forefront in more ways than one, while also being environmentally responsible.

YAY! :)

Oops. When the video was posted on YT yesterday I thought this was a recent development, but they went solar in 2011. They've been emulating Chuck for long time now.:D I see now it was put up by the company that installed their solar panels. As much a promo for themselves as it is for the Magic Fluke company. All good tho.

Props to all who choose to reduce their carbon footprints.

I believe strongly that America should manufacture and sell it's own merchandise even if it costs more. I've had lots of trouble with stuff from other countries. Most of it's pretty shoddy.

So I'm planning to buy a Fluke tenor soon to put my money where my mouth is. Buy American and Local! :eek:ld:

I have a solar powered flashlight and lantern. I'm doing my bit to save the planet. And in the mean time I play uke.

I believe strongly that America should manufacture and sell it's own merchandise even if it costs more. I've had lots of trouble with stuff from other countries. Most of it's pretty shoddy.

I somewhat agree but I don't agree with stupid policies that punish people for doing well or punish companies who want to hire employees, etc. Government policies epically kill business right now. Highest corp tax rate in the world, etc. pretty bad stuff. Part of that stupidity is in artificially pushing higher the cost of energy when the whole economy is fuelled by energy. And who makes the most money from energy? The govt through taxes. Ooops I ran this off the rails.

Solar isn't a bad thing to do, especially as it actually becomes viable, and its a good way to decentralize the grid which has been very open to disruption, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom