help w/ vox da5

flipanda

Reaction score
so my friend just bought me the vox da5 amp as an early bday present.

only thing is, it doesnt work?

i plugged my uke into the input at the top and nothing. not a sound. i plug it into the aux in...nothing.

plug it into the mic port and i got sound.

i tried all the knobs in different settings and still nothing.

the one edit led is blinking, i dont know if that means something.

someone help me =(

the manual gives umm...wats the word im looking for... stupid troubleshooting questions?

like...is it plugged in? an all that.

plus the vox website itself says for technical inquiries to email them. theres no contact number. id hate to have to let my friend know that something may be wrong and then have to ship it back to wherever he ordered it online.

maybe it has to do with the pickup im using? its a dean markley transducer pickup.

i dont have an electric uke to try it, but maybe i can bring it to a store to test it.

iono, still need help though.

Does the pickup in your uke have a built-in preamp? If not (or if it does but it doesn't work... check the battery) then maybe that's the problem. Could be that the mic channel is the only channel that's boosting the sound enough. The others are expecting a "line level" input, which perhaps your uke is not providing.

JJ

actually, the pickup im using is a dean markley transducer pickup.. its that stick on pickup.

does that make a difference? maybe i can take the amp to a music store to have it tested out.

im hoping its jus that the pickup isnt producing enough of a signal.

actually, the pickup im using is a dean markley transducer pickup.. its that stick on pickup.

does that make a difference? maybe i can take the amp to a music store to have it tested out.

im hoping its jus that the pickup isnt producing enough of a signal.

Yeah, that's probably it. I don't think those stick-on jobs put out a very hot signal. You'll need some sort of external pre-amp, either as a separate box (like an L. L. Baggs or something), or as something built into your amp. The "mic" input has a pre-amp, which is why it has a knob next to it and the other inputs don't. So just use that.

It wouldn't hurt to take it somewhere and test it, but I doubt that your amp is broken. If you were to plug a keyboard (or anything else that sends out a good, line-level signal) into those other inputs, I bet it'd work fine.

JJ

Try turning the gain knob up all the way and then turn up the master. If that doesn't work then plug a guitar in at a friend's house or your local music store to make sure it's your pickup.

i took it down to jims music center in irvine and asked for another instrument just to try it out.

no luck.

so now i either rma it which means i have to contact my friend to get it, since he was the one who ordered it, or take it to a warranty center in which case i still need to get the bill so i would need to ask my friend.

its so disappointing.

Before you do either of those, take it to Guitar Center (call to make sure they have them in stock first) in the original packaging and see if they'll do an exchange. Just tell them it was a gift and you don't have the original receipt. Don't lie...if they ask if it was purchased at GC tell them you're not sure. There's a good chance they'll do the exchange since it doesn't cost them anything. Worse case you wasted some gas and time.

ill see about that. i actually just came back from a vox repair center thingy and they said that they dont fix those they just replace it.

he took a look at it anyway and it was all jacked up. the circuit board was cracked and bent.

blah. this sucks for a bday present lol. im happy my friend got it for me and i dont want to tell him the problems im having but damn lol.

well i jus tried the guitar center thing at the guitar center in fountain valley, ca.

no luck.

so i guess i have to ship it back.

blah.

Top Bottom