Mobius Strap was issued U.S. Patent No. 8,975,498 today!

Tim Mullins

Reaction score
Getting it through the patent application process as a novice was WAY harder than inventing it in the first place! Whoo Hoo!

And thanks to the many of you who have given it a try over the last two years!

That's awesome! Congrats!

Congrats! Good luck!

Congratulations! I just ordered one for my DaSilva Martin Style 3K. It's a slippery little bugger.

Congratulations!

Congratulations on being a real life official Inventor!

Having looked into getting a patent for an invention which would be used in another field, I know that you have certainly shown a strong belief in the merit of your application of a scientific principle. Your commitment to your idea is commendable. I salute you.

Thanks, all! My mother is very proud!
Then that is high praise indeed! Congratulations - your strap fills a need and thank you for the time you have invested in it.

Congrats, as a CFO of a small business with a few patents (for which we use patent attorneys) I know how difficult it is to navigate that process. Way to go!

cool!

Have you had an issue with someone selling knock off moebius straps?

Thing about patents.. is that the work is still on you to go sue/(cease and desist) people for copying your invention, and with things that are lowish volume, the legal pursuit can often exceed any money you'd get from suing them. I've seen this issue happen in other small industries where sadly, even with a patent it's unfeasible financially to defend it.

cool!

Have you had an issue with someone selling knock off moebius straps?

Thing about patents.. is that the work is still on you to go sue/(cease and desist) people for copying your invention, and with things that are lowish volume, the legal pursuit can often exceed any money you'd get from suing them. I've seen this issue happen in other small industries where sadly, even with a patent it's unfeasible financially to defend it.

So far I'm only aware of some people who have made their own, not for sale. I guess if you want to go to that trouble to save $16.95, have at it! I suppose the patent is mostly vanity (Look! I'm an Inventor!) and to keep the honest people honest. And I wish it were so profitable it was worth ripping off! I hope enterprising crooks can find a more lucrative product to copy!

I just reviewed your patent's file wrapper (I'm a patent attorney). You had a few missteps but generally did a very good job getting your claims to allowance! Well done!

I just reviewed your patent's file wrapper (I'm a patent attorney). You had a few missteps but generally did a very good job getting your claims to allowance! Well done!

Thanks! I have a new appreciation for the level of expertise and detail required in your job! And it isn't even all over yet! There was a typo (their fault!) in the claim and I had to request a Certificate of Correction. It never stops!

Top Bottom