Anyone going to see Jake in Missoula Mar 11?

BigSkyUkuleleGirl

Are we there yet......
UU VIP
Reaction score
He's doing a couple dates in Montana and WA state this month. can't wait to see him live again!

He's doing a couple dates in Montana and WA state this month. can't wait to see him live again!

I wish I was going to see him in Missoula!!! But I saw him last night (in Billings) and it was one of those experiences that changes you (which is why I registered here just now). I'm a 30+ year guitar player who's studied and played nearly every style there is. I majored in classical guitar in college and am very experienced in most styles. I've played with world class musicians, and I've seen many of them live. But Jake last night was just ON-FIRE!!! His use of dynamics and his passion was just awesome. As a guy who picked-up a tenor uke on his honeymoon years ago and just pulls it out a few times a year to dabble... watching Jake last night changed my attitude about the instrument. I've been a fan of his for years and have a couple of his CDs... but seeing him live just changed everything for me. My daughter also plays uke and I took her (and my wife) to the show as well. She feels inspired today as well. I told her as we left the venue "remember this night... you don't see musicians of Jake's caliber very often in your lifetime". He is an awesome ambassador for the uke and I won't forget this show either. Wish I could be there in Missoula to experience it all over again.

Thanks Red! I've seen him twice over the years and he's always fantastic! I've been neglecting my uke for the last year as I fell for the mandolin but I have a feeling after tonight I will be getting my uke out.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks Red! I've seen him twice over the years and he's always fantastic! I've been neglecting my uke for the last year as I fell for the mandolin but I have a feeling after tonight I will be getting my uke out.

Welcome to the forum!

Mando huh? You sound like me! Years ago, I got exposed to the music of Chris Thile and that made me a rabid mando fan. I've still got two of them (Breedlove and an Alvarez). Guitar will always be my first love (30+ years of studying, playing, gigging and recording nearly every style). But because of Jake and Chris, there are two other wonderful instruments that get played at my house. Jake was the reason that I bought my first uke (in Maui on my honeymoon years ago). But I've been somewhat neglecting it for years. I'll be working at it with a new vigor because of last night's show. Enjoy your experience tonight... I'll be envying you! :)

Top Bottom