Kuni Matsui Diaz Replica in Tenor Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
INSTRUMENT IS SOLD

This instrument was just recently on the UU Marketplace. I am re-offering it for sale as the trade I had did not work out.

I purchased this instrument from Hawaii Music Supply a few months back. I would probably keep it if the neck was a little narrower, it is 1-1/2" wide at the nut. I have hardly played it.

Kuni Matsui is a luthier in Hawaii who makes a few instruments each year. This instrument was endorsed by Herb Ohta and is signed by both Matsui and Ohta.

The instrument is all solid koa. It has a very nice tone and plays very easily. Here is a link to Corey at HMS playing the instrument:

https://vimeo.com/73493500

Includes the Koolau hard case shown in the photos.

I am asking $1200 which will include shipping within the CONUS. I prefer and accept Paypal.

I will consider trades for this instrument.

Thanks for looking...!!!

IMG_0183.jpgIMG_0184.jpgIMG_0185.jpgIMG_0186.jpgIMG_0187.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully, some big handed guitar player/uker will snap this up. It's amazing.

Hopefully, some big handed guitar player/uker will snap this up. It's amazing.

Actually, the neck is not that bad on these Matsui's. They have a very thin profile from front to back, and overall are quite manageable.

Beautiful uke, WhenDogsSing! Incredible koa and vintage vibe.

-Steve

In the video this ukulele has a very "silky" sound profile to my ear. It's a looker, too. Good luck with the sale.

Tim, not buying this one has taken a lot of resistance. It looks and sounds amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom