UU Marketplace. Wow.

deschutestrout

Reaction score
There sure have been a lot of SWEET ukes exchanging hands here lately! Smooth trades, WTB listings quickly filled, low end, high end, and everything in between. This is a pretty cool forum we have here! Thanks all, I've had nothing but good experiences using Marketplace sellers (and buyers, and traders), and have made a couple of good friends to boot. Awesome.

It is good to know there is a place you can go to do business in a trustful environment for pre-owned instruments.

I've bought six ukes thru the Marketplace and each transaction went smoothly. Two were local and I met the sellers in person. My husband went with me both times, and each time he commented on how nice uke players were!

Yes it is! I'm a believer ... but .... GOTTA ...... STOP ..... LOOKIN' ...... THERE! ........ :D

I feel you on this. The UU Marketplace is as bad as HMS for fuelling UAS yet I am drawn there all the time.

I second all of the above...:shaka:

I've had nothing but good experiences on marketplace - even got one from Down Under to AZ no problems. Good people here!

I see that transactions take place all the time, but neither of the two ukes I listed in the Market Place ever sold. I didn't think I was asking an improper price so I don't know what the problem was. I now have three more ukes to sell, but I thought showing them in my signature would get more attention, but so far not. I'm actually a little disappointed with UU as an outlet.

I see that transactions take place all the time, but neither of the two ukes I listed in the Market Place ever sold. I didn't think I was asking an improper price so I don't know what the problem was. I now have three more ukes to sell, but I thought showing them in my signature would get more attention, but so far not. I'm actually a little disappointed with UU as an outlet.

Mike - with very few exceptions (ahem *Moore Bettah* ahem) customs are hard to sell generally because - well, they were made to *your* specs and not someone else's! Makes sense, right? The chances of your taste and another buyer's overlapping can be pretty slim. I learned this lesson after taking a fairly significant loss when I listed a uke from a luthier who is in considerably more demand than yours. Several others have listed ukes from the same well-regarded luthier, and I've seen those posts remain up on the Marketplace for weeks if not months before there was a sale.

On the other hand though - I've sold, I dunno, 4 or 5 K-brands over the years via the Marketplace and in each case, the uke sold within hours. Customs are an unknown quantity; I think people are more likely to buy something with a strong reputation when buying sight unseen.

All of the transactions I've had selling ukes here have been hassle-free, so - add me to the chorus of happy campers :)

Hey Mike you were able to sell your East West uke!

Every uke has a price...unfortunately, demand dictates the price.

I think the marketplace is a great venue to get a uke and many sellers get more money than Ebay since there are minimal or no fees

Last edited:
Janeray1940, I guess that's it, though I really thought the mandolele would be be an attraction, obviously not.

Yes, you're right Daniel, I nearly forgot, it came and went so quickly.

I think the UU Marketplace is a great place. Although I haven't sold any ukes, I have bought and traded thru UU and have never been disappointed. I have going on close to 40 to 50 ukes and I can say I don't have a bad one in the lot to me. Although one day I know I will keep my choice ones for me and start selling, at this time it is hard for me to let any go so that is why I usually would rather trade to try a something new that I have an interest in. I found most people on this site are great and I have learned so much about ukes.

It's a symptom of my UAS that when I start typing uku... in my web browser the top link is straight to the UU Marketplace.

Top Bottom