FS: Martin C1K...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UkerDanno

Reaction score
SOLD, SOLD, SOLD!

So, I'm posting up a few things, first up is my beloved Martin C1K. I bought it new a little less than 2 years ago from The Mandolin Store in nearby Surprise, AZ. It's one of the good ones for sure, I've heard of spotty quality on these, but this looks, sounds and plays great! Includes original Martin padded gig bag and Oasis humidifier and new Martin strings. The dark spots showing up on the back really aren't that noticeable in real life! ;-D It has a bone saddle that was put on by a luthier at the Martin service center, where they refinished the area where my arm rests under warranty. Standard saddle included. $400.00 shipped CONUS.

IMG_20150224_103619676.jpg IMG_20150224_103630514.jpg IMG_20150224_103652257.jpg IMG_20150224_103701845.jpg IMG_20150224_103729282.jpg

from Martin's website...
http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/ukuleles/item/937-c1k-uke.html

sound sample here:
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?105493-Martin-C1k-vs-Kanile-a-K-2-CP

Last edited:
more pic's...
IMG_20150224_103747012.jpg IMG_20150224_103758917.jpg
there's some very light strum marks, you can't hardly see...
IMG_20150224_103819807.jpg
and a slight raising of the wood grain where my arm rests, also not hardly visible...
IMG_20150224_103833678.jpg
bag.jpg

Last edited:
That is the prettiest Koa I've seen on one of these! Someone's gonna end up with a great uke! You sure you wanna part with this? :D

I agree, that Koa is sure pretty. Not in the market right now but wouldn't mind having this Uke in the stable.
Someone please buy it and put this out of my mind :)

Revised the price down a bit, pretty much my bottom line. It's a great uke!

more pic's in different light, different camera...
IMG_1426.jpgIMG_1429.jpg

Ok, I'll go down to $400.00 + shipping, but that's it! :shaka:

I received my C1K last week from Elderly with a perfect set-up and beautiful Koa. The sound is great! I would highly suggest anyone looking at the C1K grab this uke, save $69 and I bet you would be thrilled! I have many high end concert ukes to compare with and this one is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

I received my C1K last week from Elderly with a perfect set-up and beautiful Koa. The sound is great! I would highly suggest anyone looking at the C1K grab this uke, save $69 and I bet you would be thrilled! I have many high end concert ukes to compare with and this one is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

You would actually save over $100 compared to new, with taxes, humidifier and bone saddle. And you know you're getting a good one.

You should just keep it........seriously. It is not easy to find a real good one of any mass produced instrument. That is why I am keeping my Koaloha Opio concert. Why loose all that money on something really good just cause it is slightly used.

If you people that are interested have not figured it out already it is a crap shoot to find an exceptional instrument. Buy this if you want one, it is also a looker to boot.

This is just my unsolicited opinion.

You would actually save over $100 compared to new, with taxes, humidifier and bone saddle. And you know you're getting a good one.

No offense meant but I have to disagree. My C1K was $470, came with a case, the shop through in a humidifier, and I live in a no sales tax state. Also, how would someone "know" that this is a "good one" by looking at pictures on the web versus actually playing a new one in the store? Buyers assume more risk when buying stuff over the internet so if the cost savings isn't enough to mitigate that...

I think those are the reasons that it hasn't sold yet for the price you're asking.

You should just keep it........seriously. It is not easy to find a real good one of any mass produced instrument. That is why I am keeping my Koaloha Opio concert. Why loose all that money on something really good just cause it is slightly used.

If you people that are interested have not figured it out already it is a crap shoot to find an exceptional instrument. Buy this if you want one, it is also a looker to boot.

This is just my unsolicited opinion.

Thanks for the plug, Dave! :shaka:

No offense meant but I have to disagree. My C1K was $470, came with a case, the shop through in a humidifier, and I live in a no sales tax state. Also, how would someone "know" that this is a "good one" by looking at pictures on the web versus actually playing a new one in the store? Buyers assume more risk when buying stuff over the internet so if the cost savings isn't enough to mitigate that...

I think those are the reasons that it hasn't sold yet for the price you're asking.

thanks, Shane, thanks a lot, hope I can return the favor someday....

thanks, Shane, thanks a lot, hope I can return the favor someday....

Sorry to offend. My other passion involves classic VWs and in that world it's very common to give and receive constructive criticism when determining selling prices and adjustments thereof. I was just suggesting that some of your pricing assumptions may be local to where you're at in the world.

I love my C1K and I'm sure that whoever ends up with yours will feel the same.

Weekend sale, $400.00 now including shipping to the lower 48!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom