Recommend kits?

sortaukey

Reaction score
I was thinking that I might want to build a uke kit. Wondering if anyone can recommend a good kit?

My wood working experience is pretty thin, I took shop in 7th grade, but I only passed because I told the shop teacher that I would take the class again if he failed me. ;).

I built the grizzley kit a few years ago, and it went OK - It turned out OK, but I wasn't too excited with the uke itself.

I'm aware of the stewmac kits, just wondering if there is another option out there?

Depends on what your looking for. it's important to state what you would like. You can buy kits in various stages of completion. Do you want to bend the sides, cut your own fret slots...etc etc. Hana Lima has good kits but you need to bend your own sides. Waldron has kits as well that are fully serviced. There are many options

Thanks for the replies.

I think that I would like to take a step or two beyond the grizzly kit in terms of difficulty, but bending the sides is probably a level of complexity that Im not ready for yet.

A Stewmac soprano kit served me well as an introduction into ukulele building. The optional DVD has plenty of good info and advice. Mine turned out to be a good sounding instrument as well.

Bob

Top Bottom