Campaign for Pre-War Ponies new album ends 3/15 - Ukuleles! Obscure old tunes! Vinyl

blatboy

Reaction score
I'm in a band in NYC called the Pre-War Ponies... a two ukulele band that specializes in musical obscurities and curios from the 20's and 30's. (Ok, we sometimes delve into things as modern as the 40's when we like it.)

Daria Grace and I (J. Walter Hawkes) front the band. We were Bill Tapia's backing band for the NY Uke fest a few years back. (I'm having a hard time remembering the year... I think it was when the Fest was at Baruch College)

This is our second record. We spent about 4 years on it. (Mostly because it was recorded in my studio and I was crazy busy doing the music for Peg + Cat...however that doesn't mean we didn't spend a LOT of time on it. Oy.)

I think it sounds great. (Yes I'm biased)

We have a pre-order campaign on Rockethub.com (think Kickstarter, but a better deal...and the guys that run it are local to me in my neighborhood)

We're at almost 60% but only have 3 days to go. I humbly ask you to check it out and consider pre-ordering. I think you'll love the record, and it would help us out a bunch. We have packages available for all mediums (audio files, CD, Vinyl) and budgets.

You can check it out and Pre-order HERE!

And, if you feel so inclined to help spread the word in your social networks... that would be incredible. The link: http://rkthb.co/53247

If you're near Brooklyn tonight, we're playing a show at 10pm at Barbès (9th St near 6th Ave)

Thanks!!!

J. Walter Hawkes

Top Bottom