New Sound samples from HMS! Pono BN series! What do you guys think!?

BBJohn

Reaction score
HMS just posted some new videos for the Pono BN series about an hour ago! Haven't see Andrew's review but i'm sure it is coming very soon!
From the video, it seems way bigger than the baritone so i'm assuming these are the TG (tenor guitar) models Andrew mentioned last year in the blog! Not quite sure what the BN stands for though :confused: Im guessing the N has something to do with nylon string maybe ;)?
I believed that Andrew mentioned 10 is the acacia model, 20 is mahogany back & side, and 30 is rosewood back& side.

I did some side by side comparison and I found i like the BN-30 the most ( just like i like RTSH the most in pro classic). While the Acacia sounds very sweet and full, the rosewood just make the bass deeper and the treble brighter!

Here's the link!
https://vimeo.com/theukulelesite/videos

Share your thoughts guys!

Oops my guess on BN was so wrong!
After reading the description on HMS, BN stands for Baritone Nui, or big baritone!

I had one of the rosewood models and just sold it. It was gorgeous but I was really looking for a steel string sound. I wish they would release a run for the steel string prototype Ko'olau they had a while back. It sounded incredible. The BN series will definitely fill a niche for those looking for a baritone/guitar sound with more volume.

Love it, I like the 30 as well.

They are seriously stepping up their game at Pono. Those bursts are amazing, and if I were to do a blind sound sample between the Ponos and high end customs, I'd be hard pressed to say which is which

I love these as well. The sound is amazing! These have just quickly moved near the top of my "next uke" list. Personally, I like the Acacia BN-10 a little better, but wouldn't throw the BN-30 off my door step if it arrived. :D

Top Bottom