NUD John Daniels Pixie Ukulele with 94u strings

Olarte

Reaction score
NUD thanks to a UU member in the UK I received a beautiful a John Daniels pixie Ukulele. It was hand made in Wales, purchases in the UK and sent to Massachusetts. Amazing the places I've gotten Ukes from, from Australia to Wales ��

As you can see I changed the original tuners with plastic washers with smaller metal ones I also changed the strings with Aquila 94u piccolo strings tuned one octave up. It is a beautiful uke with a nice wide fret board �� on the last pic it sits next to a kiwaya soprano

By the way for those of you who don't like pocket Ukes because then strings feel slack use Aquila 94u if you can find them. It will tune an octave higher and sound like bells high pitched which Is what any piccolo instrument should sound like.

Orchestras have only one piccolo because it cuts through all the other instruments.

So most of my pocket or properly named Sopranino/piccolo Ukes are strung one octave higher. The way it should be

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Well if you want to check out what the strings sound like check out this video from an Iuke when my nails were not a mess

Top Bottom