What baritone strings are people liking these days?

Photojosh

Reaction score
Just like the title says, what baritone strings are people liking these days?

DGBE is my preference, but I'm not totally against GCEA. I just am not interested in dGBE/gCEA for the bari. I like the linear sound. I also don't personally have anything against wound strings on the bari. But it's not a requirement for me.

Reason behind posting:

Not long ago I got an Kala KA-ABP-CTG Acacia Cedar Top Baritone . I'm enjoying it a lot (my first bari after a few years of the other uke sizes). But I've just sort of left the stock (in theory) Aquilas on there. I don't love Aquilas and I don't hate them. They sound alright here, but I think I could do better.

Last edited:
i like the daddario J68s. two wound, two plain, sound good, durable. i don't have a lot of experience with baritone strings and got them on recommendation.

Not a huge fan of wound strings but I'm liking the Savarez classical strings on my bari, using the 3 treble and a wound D

Bb (f Bb d g) tuning for me. Strung with D'Addario fluorocarbon (tenor) EJ99T's using the first two strings (e,a) for the d and g and two silver wound D'Addario classical bass strings for the f and Bb.

I absolutely love this tuning on the baritone, a bright, rich, articulate sound, completely resonant.

Daddario nyltechs are nice if you still want that Aquila sound but with a better feel. Worths are great too, though the unwound d can be boomy. My current fave is worth tenors ct, with a Fremont soloist wound low-g for the d string.

Have heard many good things about Southcoast strings. I'm under the impression that not too many go back to their old strings after trying them.

Top Bottom