NUD, about a week late

cpmusic

Reaction score
NUD

I got a Kala KA-SLNG long-neck soprano a week ago yesterday, and I'm finding it hard to put down. It may not seem like much on paper; I just wanted an inexpensive traveler/close-at-hand uke that didn't feel too cramped, but it's much more than that. Its fit, appointments and gloss finish are much nicer than I'd expect for under $100, and its tone could be mistaken for that of a solid-top soprano. Hats off to Kala for packing so much into an inexpensive ukulele, and to HMS for including a setup even on low-end instruments.

Here's a quick pic:

(Next up is a Pono MGT I ordered the other day. It's still in setup at HMS, and I'm doing my best to be patient. More on that after it arrives.)

Congrats. HMS gets much of the credit for how good it sounds.

Congrats! It's amazing to me how much one can get for $100 or so when they choose carefully. And it's amazing that I never seem to tire of looking at ukuleles.

Best bang for the buck uke out there. Sold mine for a bit longer KPK longneck but hard to beat the SLNG.

NUD

I got a Kala KA-SLNG long-neck soprano a week ago yesterday, and I'm finding it hard to put down. It may not seem like much on paper; I just wanted an inexpensive traveler/close-at-hand uke that didn't feel too cramped, but it's much more than that. Its fit, appointments and gloss finish are much nicer than I'd expect for under $100, and its tone could be mistaken for that of a solid-top soprano. Hats off to Kala for packing so much into an inexpensive ukulele, and to HMS for including a setup even on low-end instruments.

Here's a quick pic:

(Next up is a Pono MGT I ordered the other day. It's still in setup at HMS, and I'm doing my best to be patient. More on that after it arrives.)

I have had the exact same experience with my KS-SLNG. I love the look of this uke and it sounds great. It is all laminate and it is the only uke that I have left the Aquilla strings on. It is a great player and you can't beat the value!

Congrats! Kalas are hard to beat in the low end of ukes!

Top Bottom