"Thunder Road"-esque?

palekie

Reaction score
A couple years back, someone here posted a link to a youtube clip of Jim Boggia playing Thunder Road on a uke. It is AWESOME. Not only is it an iconic song, but the finger picking arrangement is pretty darn tasty. Needless to say, I obsessed over this and am probably responsible for 20K of the views. :)

I was wondering if there was anything else out there in the same vain. I'm basically looking for good singer/songwriter ukulele arrangements that involve more finger picking than strumming.

Thanks in advance for any leads! :D

For those who haven't seen it:

great video! thank you for sharing it

A couple years back, someone here posted a link to a youtube clip of Jim Boggia playing Thunder Road on a uke. It is AWESOME. Not only is it an iconic song, but the finger picking arrangement is pretty darn tasty. Needless to say, I obsessed over this and am probably responsible for 20K of the views. :)

I was wondering if there was anything else out there in the same vain. I'm basically looking for good singer/songwriter ukulele arrangements that involve more finger picking than strumming.

Thanks in advance for any leads! :D

For those who haven't seen it:

This particular video is my favorite Boggia performance and my favorite rendition of this song. I obsessed over it too. You might check out his version of Badfinger's 'Baby Blue' too. But I bet you have already.

Are you looking for performances in a similar vein or tabs?

Are you looking for performances in a similar vein or tabs?

Performances really (unless there happens to be super accurate tab out there). And while my request wasn't super clear, I'd be interested in all singer/songwriter stuff - it doesn't have to be Bruce. It's kind of funny because I was never really much of a Bruce fan until I heard Jim's version!

Thanks all for the comments so far.

Performances really (unless there happens to be super accurate tab out there). And while my request wasn't super clear, I'd be interested in all singer/songwriter stuff - it doesn't have to be Bruce. It's kind of funny because I was never really much of a Bruce fan until I heard Jim's version!

Wait a minute. You mean there are other singer/songwriters besides Bruce???? :)

You might like GUGUG. I love this Mainland rendition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kihooi6JuvI

And if you're the patient sort, there are lots of sparkling gems to be found, right here on the board:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...tting-together-all-the-seasons-of-the-Ukulele

Top Bottom