Don't Try It (For it Can't Be Done) Vintage Washburn Uke and Kazoo :)

jasontaulbee

Reaction score
I was bored this afternoon, so I decided to post a goof-off: my (not worthy) version of Riley Puckett's classic 'Don't Try It (for it can't be done) on a 1922 Washburn 701 with some Wazoo (Kazoo) thrown in. I have to confess that my voice is definitely the worst instrument on display, so I apologize in advance. Thanks and please let me know what you think (fair AND foul). Jason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDd_hXzeT7I&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
I don't want to sound like I'm starved for attention here.... But I've got a lot of views and no replies :( I'm dying for some feedback (and don't be afraid to break my heart with a bad review.... trust me, I'll live!!!)

I just wanted to bump this up a bit to see if I could actually get any feedback :) Feel free to let me know what you think, good or bad. Thanks!!!

I really love the kazoo sound you get on this recording! The uke and the kazoo are such a divinely jazzy combo, don't you agree?

I'd love to know what year this tune was originally done; it definitely sounds like the kind of thing the Happiness Boys would have cut back in the 20's!

thanks to everyone for the kind words!! I believe that this song was indeed first recorded in the late 20's (the riley puckett version I heard was from back then). I appreciate the encouragement, and I will definitely be posting some more :)

Top Bottom