Nancy Whiskey - Kurt & Zach Live

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
This is a video that my friend Carrie (Fitncrafty) took with her cell phone today, of me and her son Zachary at the local Farmers' Market, the Schenectady GreenMarket. This is one of our occasional appearances, and they haven't told us yet that we can't come back. Heck there are Tens of Dollars to be made in the music business!

Seeing as we are a mere 2 days from St. Patrick's Day, I put together an all-British Aisles set - some Irish, some Scots, some English, maybe even some Welsh - the points of origin of some of these songs have gotten mighty mixed up over the years. This is one of them.

Nancy Whiskey has been a favorite at every Irish Bar I've every been to, yet it is specific in naming Glasgow, which is in Scotland (if you didn't know). I've never been to Ireland, but I've been to Glasgow. Try the Drum And Monkey sometime - just don't mention my name.

Nice Job Kurt. What speaker setup were you using. Were the instruments mic'd or plugged in. I saw both cables and mic's.
You looked good in that head. You could be a spokesperson for Lucky Charms. :)

Keep Strumming...........Bruce

Nice Job Kurt. What speaker setup were you using. Were the instruments mic'd or plugged in. I saw both cables and mic's.
You looked good in that head. You could be a spokesperson for Lucky Charms. :)

Keep Strumming...........Bruce

Hi, Bruce.

I've got two daisy chained Kustom pa50 on speaker stands, and we run the mics through a Soundcraft 12 channel mixer. Even at a Farmers Market, nothing needs to be turned up past 50%. Both instruments are mic'ed and plugged into the board - Zach's Ibanez has an internal preamp, and I've got my ukes running into a K&K Pure preamp, then to the board. The mics are Shure SM58s that I purchased used a couple of years back - I've also got an MXL990/991 condenser mic kit that gives a much cleaner sound, but I was running late and forgot to pack 'em yesterday.

The bowler does work for me - I was thinking of John Hartford when I got it.

You two are magically delicious!! ha.. It is always fun to see you two play.. a great and unlikely paring!! Glad that you shared here!

Top Bottom