FS: Kala KA-ATP-CTG Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kukulele

Reaction score
Brand new for Christmas and still in brand new condition. I literally only strummed it a handful of times. I just don't play much anymore. Comes with case and Oasis humidifier. Asking $250 shipped to continental U.S.

This is once of Kala's nicer, higher-end models, with that solid cedar top, and beautifully figured Acacia back and sides. Acacia is a relative of Koa, with a similar look and many of the same tonal properties. this tenor scale ukulele really POPS, and features Aquila strings, "nu-bone" nut and saddle, red Pauduk binding, and a slotted headstock for an even cleaner, crisper tone!

http://www.kalabrand.com/Models/Kala/SolidCedarTopAcacia/DetailsPageSpruceCedarAcacia.html#two

UNIT-KA-ATP-CT.jpg

20150316_095936[1].jpg20150316_100004[1].jpg20150316_100011[1].jpg20150316_100046[1].jpg

Last edited:
a Kala cedar top was the first uke I bought new, and it was also one of the best sounding ukes I have had and one I'm sorry I sold. I would buy this if I didn't have so many I don't play now. This one is a real looker too.

a Kala cedar top was the first uke I bought new, and it was also one of the best sounding ukes I have had and one I'm sorry I sold. I would buy this if I didn't have so many I don't play now. This one is a real looker too.

You are down sizing Strum, just to make room for this one! LOL.

Can I ask where you bought it from, and if a setup has been done, either by the seller or by yourself?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Last edited:
I wish people would ship to Canada not just U.S. I would buy it in a heartbeat although Canadian dollars is so low. Quality Kala really sings.

I'll take it! $250 to Oregon sounds like a good deal to me.
Sending PM separately.

It does seem like a good deal especially considering the case. This will be my FA. (First Acquisition) I don't foresee a problem with UAS. But then again, I suppose nobody ever does until it's too late.

Congratulations, Mr. tcstoehr. I've been considering a slot head tenor recently. I'd love to read a review once you've had it for a few days.

It does seem like a good deal especially considering the case. This will be my FA. (First Acquisition) I don't foresee a problem with UAS. But then again, I suppose nobody ever does until it's too late.

UAS will hit you, my friend. As you get a taste for this instrument and then a little bit more ... lol.

But enjoy, it is a great journey.

Hey Kukulele, I've made the offer and sent a PM. I've seen you browsing this thread. What's up? Did I miss something?

I'm making a back up offer of $250 to California. If tcstoehr falls through, sell it to me today.

Kukulele, I don't mean to be impatient but could you please respond with the status of this sale. If you have made other arrangements it would be good for me to know. :)

OP, since you are not actually selling anything, you should at least close this thread.

Closing Threads

I agree.

Ordinarily, I do not like to post criticism, nor rain on anyone's parade, however, I feel compelled to chime in here.

I too sent a PM inquiry showing my interest and finally received a reply 4 days later.

This is atypical for the UU Marketplace, most sellers respond within 24 hours as per my own experience.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd expect that an honest seller truly interested in doing business here would be more on top of timely communications, or if unavoidably delayed in replying due to computer issues or internet connection issues, that the seller would say so, either via PM or in the active thread. By such an explanation, the delay would be justified.

Due to the slow response time, low post count of the seller, given the age of their account here on UU, my confidence is low.

I've moved on to safer pastures.

[edited to add]:
I would have gladly paid the $250, but the seller did not answer any of my simple questions in his/her reply to my PMs, so I did not have any good feeling about the sale after that. Sorry, but I was not born yesterday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom