PDA

View Full Version : FS: Kala KA-ATP-CTG Tenor

Kukulele
03-16-2015, 04:29 AM
Brand new for Christmas and still in brand new condition. I literally only strummed it a handful of times. I just don't play much anymore. Comes with case and Oasis humidifier. Asking $250 shipped to continental U.S.

This is once of Kala's nicer, higher-end models, with that solid cedar top, and beautifully figured Acacia back and sides. Acacia is a relative of Koa, with a similar look and many of the same tonal properties. this tenor scale ukulele really POPS, and features Aquila strings, "nu-bone" nut and saddle, red Pauduk binding, and a slotted headstock for an even cleaner, crisper tone!

http://www.kalabrand.com/Models/Kala/SolidCedarTopAcacia/DetailsPageSpruceCedarAcacia.html#two

Kukulele
03-16-2015, 04:33 AM
More Pics

strumsilly
03-16-2015, 04:51 AM
a Kala cedar top was the first uke I bought new, and it was also one of the best sounding ukes I have had and one I'm sorry I sold. I would buy this if I didn't have so many I don't play now. This one is a real looker too.

sam13
03-16-2015, 06:05 AM
a Kala cedar top was the first uke I bought new, and it was also one of the best sounding ukes I have had and one I'm sorry I sold. I would buy this if I didn't have so many I don't play now. This one is a real looker too.

You are down sizing Strum, just to make room for this one! LOL.

Booli
03-17-2015, 08:02 PM
Can I ask where you bought it from, and if a setup has been done, either by the seller or by yourself?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Kukulele
03-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Can I ask where you bought it from, and if a setup has been done, either by the seller or by yourself?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Hi Booli
It was purchased from Bernunzio Uptown Music in Rochester N.Y. and was set up by them. They still show this uke on their site, but marked as sold.
http://bernunzio.com/product/kala-ka-atp-ctg-tenor-ukulele-19237/

Kukulele
03-22-2015, 03:01 PM
New price- $250 shipped.

Thebiggreen007
03-23-2015, 01:42 PM
PM has been sent

Kukulele
03-26-2015, 05:55 AM
Still for sale. PMs have been sent.

Brenda Wong
03-26-2015, 05:57 AM
I wish people would ship to Canada not just U.S. I would buy it in a heartbeat although Canadian dollars is so low. Quality Kala really sings.

tcstoehr
03-26-2015, 06:41 AM
I'll take it! $250 to Oregon sounds like a good deal to me.
Sending PM separately.

sam13
03-26-2015, 06:51 AM
I'll take it! $250 to Oregon sounds like a good deal to me.
Sending PM separately.

It is a great deal ... the seller has taken excellent care of the Uke ... enjoy!

tcstoehr
03-26-2015, 06:56 AM
It does seem like a good deal especially considering the case. This will be my FA. (First Acquisition) I don't foresee a problem with UAS. But then again, I suppose nobody ever does until it's too late.

pbagley
03-26-2015, 07:35 AM
Congratulations, Mr. tcstoehr. I've been considering a slot head tenor recently. I'd love to read a review once you've had it for a few days.

sam13
03-26-2015, 11:21 AM
It does seem like a good deal especially considering the case. This will be my FA. (First Acquisition) I don't foresee a problem with UAS. But then again, I suppose nobody ever does until it's too late.

UAS will hit you, my friend. As you get a taste for this instrument and then a little bit more ... lol.

But enjoy, it is a great journey.

tcstoehr
03-26-2015, 01:01 PM
Hey Kukulele, I've made the offer and sent a PM. I've seen you browsing this thread. What's up? Did I miss something?

sneefnsnoy
03-26-2015, 05:26 PM
I'm making a back up offer of $250 to California. If tcstoehr falls through, sell it to me today.

tcstoehr
03-27-2015, 06:50 AM
Kukulele, I don't mean to be impatient but could you please respond with the status of this sale. If you have made other arrangements it would be good for me to know. :)

tcstoehr
04-01-2015, 10:50 AM
OP, since you are not actually selling anything, you should at least close this thread.

Closing Threads (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?58969-Site-Suggestion-Ability-to-close-for-sale-threads&p=846835&posted=1#post846835)

Booli
04-01-2015, 10:59 AM
OP, since you are not actually selling anything, you should at least close this thread.

Closing Threads (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?58969-Site-Suggestion-Ability-to-close-for-sale-threads&p=846835&posted=1#post846835)

I agree.

Ordinarily, I do not like to post criticism, nor rain on anyone's parade, however, I feel compelled to chime in here.

I too sent a PM inquiry showing my interest and finally received a reply 4 days later.

This is atypical for the UU Marketplace, most sellers respond within 24 hours as per my own experience.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd expect that an honest seller truly interested in doing business here would be more on top of timely communications, or if unavoidably delayed in replying due to computer issues or internet connection issues, that the seller would say so, either via PM or in the active thread. By such an explanation, the delay would be justified.

Due to the slow response time, low post count of the seller, given the age of their account here on UU, my confidence is low.

I've moved on to safer pastures.

[edited to add]:
I would have gladly paid the $250, but the seller did not answer any of my simple questions in his/her reply to my PMs, so I did not have any good feeling about the sale after that. Sorry, but I was not born yesterday.

Kukulele
04-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Guys I'm sorry you feel that way. The uke is being sold to someone on the forum. We're both being cautious because we're not power buyers/sellers in the UU marketplace. We've spoken on the phone, texted, and emailed. When the sale is final I'll delete this post.

Booli- I answered your questions about where the uke was purchased the same day. No offense, but I didn't feel all warm and fuzzy about someone who doesn't want to use his real information to make a transaction.

tcstoehr- I do apologize to you for not responding quicker. I've been very busy lately starting a new business and just didn't take the time to get back to you. That's my bad.

Booli
04-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Booli- I answered your questions about where the uke was purchased the same day. No offense, but I didn't feel all warm and fuzzy about someone who doesn't want to use his real information to make a transaction.

I am reticent to air dirty laundry, but I feel that I am being called a shady character and this will not stand, so please indulge me a moment to explain, in public, for ALL to see.

Kukulele, by your reply here, it is evident that you did not understand my request in my PM, which was to keep my real name and address information private, and ONLY between you and I as buyer and seller(and not broadcast it or use it publicly on this forum, or any other), I NEVER sought to obsfuscate my identity for this transaction between us. Privacy is a huge concern for me, and internet forums can be a feeding ground for all kinds of crazy (and dangerous folks) with intent of malice.

Thus my request for privacy, but you never even asked for clarification, which I would have happily provided.

I have explained it all, quite transparently in this post some time ago:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?95029-Hey-Seasonistas-I-want-to-know-your-real-name&p=1510700#post1510700

So please read the above linked post and try to have some empathy as I refuse to do business with folks who lack discretion or in fact lack the impetus to have a conversation and pass judgement based upon their own (unfounded) assumptions.

FYI, you cannot scam PayPal for they require your real bank account info and real street address and phone number, none of which I have ever attempted to hide for any transaction, EVER, but you never even gave me the option to clarify anything.

Additionally, If you look at the history of my posts in many many threads over the past 2 years you will see that I am an active and regular contributor to this forum, whereas my concern about your low post count, under 20, with an account here that was created 7 years ago, shows me that you, Kukulele do not participate regularly or often in any discussions beyond your attempts to sell this ukulele. I am sorry if this bothers you, but I have always tried to be a positive force here and give back to help others, for many kind folks helped me when I first joined.

Having said all that, I am glad you sold the instrument in question as that was a fair price for a great uke that I am sure will make someone happy.

No hard feelings, ok? Let's all try and be friends. :)

Kukulele
04-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Absolutely no hard feelings... we share the same concern with people online. I was just being cautious, as were you.

I have been a member here for a long time, but not very active in the forum. I was a paying member for a while.

It is a beautiful uke and I hope the new owner has more time than I do to play it.

Booli
04-01-2015, 12:57 PM
Absolutely no hard feelings... we share the same concern with people online. I was just being cautious, as were you.

I have been a member here for a long time, but not very active in the forum. I was a paying member for a while.

It is a beautiful uke and I hope the new owner has more time than I do to play it.

Kukulele -

Thank you.

It's all good with me. I hope to see you around more often. :)

Take care,

Booli

Mooh
04-01-2015, 04:12 PM
I wish people would ship to Canada not just U.S. I would buy it in a heartbeat although Canadian dollars is so low. Quality Kala really sings.

Agreed. There have been a couple that I would have eagerly purchased.

sam13
04-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Agreed. There have been a couple that I would have eagerly purchased.

Most sellers will sell to Canada ... even if they say they won't. They are being cautious, but if you make them an offer which includes shipping to Canada ... and i use USPS ... then everything is just great!

Mooh
04-02-2015, 05:58 AM
Most sellers will sell to Canada ... even if they say they won't. They are being cautious, but if you make them an offer which includes shipping to Canada ... and i use USPS ... then everything is just great!

Noted, with thanks.