NUCS has a silver lining...

Ukejenny

Reaction score
I don't believe I have UAS, because I am not going crazy acquiring instruments. Instead, I have been squirreling away my little pennies and saving for a Blackbird Clara. And it is ordered. I've been afraid to post about it because I just can't quite believe it is happening - after all this time. But, yes, it is ordered. I special ordered a passive pickup, so it will be a few weeks before Blackbird ships it to me. Joe was incredibly nice, helpful, informative and patient with me. I had quite a few questions about the finish change and wanting a passive pickup, the case and all that. Also had questions about what kind of low G I would want since I don't like the feel of wound strings...

Anyway, while I'm waiting for my Clara, I've been finding all these TABS for various songs, all for low G. And since my only low G instrument is my KPK tenor, I've been playing it a whole lot, in anticipation of my low G Clara arriving. I'm learning a lot of new material, and also reminding myself that those reaches will be oh, so much easier on a concert scale.

So, when you are waiting for a new instrument, and dealing with the joy and the pangs of anticipation, does it motivate you to get music ready for the new baby? It sure has lit a fire in me...

Edited to add, I was going to say, instead of UAS, I'm calling it New Ukulele (I can't remember what the C stands for!!!!) Syndrome.

Last edited:
A perfectly normal reaction...play for 6 hours and soak your fingers in the morning. Do not call me.

New Ukulele Can't-wait-for-it-to-arrive Syndrome?

there is a lot of it about!

Last edited:
"C"lara would make sense :)

Top Bottom