Looking for information about this Kamaka soprano

Tommy B

Reaction score
Any vintage-Kamaka experts out there? I'm trying to gather information about my gold-label soprano. The Kamaka website's historical gallery shows a pineapple with similar binding that is identified as a 1960s model, so I'm guessing mine is from that era too. But I'd love to know if this was a custom, a limited edition or anything else about it. Does anyone know? Also, does anyone else have one of these bound Kamakas? Thanks.
IMGP4011.jpgIMGP4012.jpgIMGP4013.jpgIMGP4018.jpg

No help with info, but wow!

I would think that Stan could chime in here and possibly help you out

I have no information, but wanted to say what a lovely instrument that is!

I keep saying I don't really want another soprano, then stuff like this pops up. Only thing I can say about it is that I love it. Gorgeous

Last edited:
:drool:Man that is one beautiful uke! Is this a new acquisition, or something you would consider selling sometime down the line?:drool:

I keep saying I don't really want another soprano, they stuff like this pops up. Only thing I can say about it is that I love it. Gorgeous

Thanks, Phil.

:drool:Man that is one beautiful uke! Is this something you would consider selling sometime down the line?:drool:

Thanks warndt. I'm thinking this one's a keeper, but UAS has a funny way of changing one's priorities, so you never know. :rolleyes:

BTW, mmstan says this looks like a limited-edition 1960s model.

gorgeous! Now, put some strings on it and play it!

Top Bottom