orange coast college

flipanda

Reaction score
this is my first semester attending orange coast college in costa mesa, ca and jus in the first couple days of bringing my uke i met another fellow uke player.

if anyone else attends OCC or anywhere close to it and would like to play or whatever let me know. im just a beginner but would love to play with other people if i had the chance.

Here's a suggestion for you:

You and your buddy bring your ukuleles to a school outdoor area during lunch time or other natural break between classes. Play and have fun. People who don't care will walk on by. Anyone who plays ukulele will recognize the sound from way off and come over to see what's happening.

Be prepared to be an ambassador for the instrument. If you have an old ukulele (or when you get a new one) bring it along so there will be an extra one laying there. Then if someone is curious, you can let them give it a try. Show them a simple strum and a C chord.

im always positioned in a certain spot before my first class.

i would sometimes over hear comments like this one that was said by a group goes " i always walk by here cuz i hear good music " that made me feel good.

i had several people come up to me and comment, i even had one go " you should put a tip jar in front of you, help pay for college ". it made me lol.

a fellow classmate (who i didnt even know i had a class with) said that she should hire me to just follow her around and play because she'd be much happier throughout the day.

still, anyone attending OCC or even anywhere close, let me know. lets play.

this is my first semester attending orange coast college in costa mesa, ca and jus in the first couple days of bringing my uke i met another fellow uke player.

if anyone else attends OCC or anywhere close to it and would like to play or whatever let me know. im just a beginner but would love to play with other people if i had the chance.

hi flipada! im actually located on the north side of oc. near the 60fwy to be exact but im down to meet up n play. im also a beginner but would love to jam wit somebody and learn somthing too.

Hey, if you're going to Coast you're not far from Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach. We have Jams there every Tuesday nights 7-9, Thursday nights 6:30-8:30 and Friday mornings 10:30-12:30. $5 at the door. Island Bazaar is located on Gothard Street at Heil Street. Come join us, everyones welcome.

Hey, if you're going to Coast you're not far from Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach. We have Jams there every Tuesday nights 7-9, Thursday nights 6:30-8:30 and Friday mornings 10:30-12:30. $5 at the door. Island Bazaar is located on Gothard Street at Heil Street. Come join us, everyones welcome.

went there today and checked the place out....man if i knew that place waaaaaaay earlier i would've picked up an uke from there..niiiiice place!

Top Bottom