PDA

View Full Version : lanikae CK-TEK what stings to use

dwilken
03-18-2015, 09:40 AM
finally broke down and bought a "better" uke. lanikai ck-tek with fishman guts. i have no idea what strings were on it when i left the music store. and unfortunately i don't trust my old ears anymore. i don't hear the highs well enough to judge anymore. so..... i know opinions are a dime a dozen, but what strings should i put on this uke??????
i actually wanted a kala but thought i'd try this first.- thanks--- dave in OHIO

UkerDanno
03-18-2015, 12:24 PM
It probably came with Aquilas are they white? They should work pretty good on your laminate, if you want a brighter sound, try Martins, they should be available at your local music store for a reasonable cost. Or, any other clear fluorcarbon string that might be available. Good luck and Congrat's on the new uke!

PhilUSAFRet
03-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Since it's an all laminate uke, it is "possible" the Aquila strings will bring out the best I it. There are others who prefer other strings. I'd probably want to try some Fremonts on it if I didn't like the Aquilas

WCBarnes
03-18-2015, 03:27 PM
I have always had good results using D'Addario Nyltech strings on my laminate ukes.