lanikae CK-TEK what stings to use

dwilken

Reaction score
finally broke down and bought a "better" uke. lanikai ck-tek with fishman guts. i have no idea what strings were on it when i left the music store. and unfortunately i don't trust my old ears anymore. i don't hear the highs well enough to judge anymore. so..... i know opinions are a dime a dozen, but what strings should i put on this uke??????
i actually wanted a kala but thought i'd try this first.- thanks--- dave in OHIO

It probably came with Aquilas are they white? They should work pretty good on your laminate, if you want a brighter sound, try Martins, they should be available at your local music store for a reasonable cost. Or, any other clear fluorcarbon string that might be available. Good luck and Congrat's on the new uke!

Since it's an all laminate uke, it is "possible" the Aquila strings will bring out the best I it. There are others who prefer other strings. I'd probably want to try some Fremonts on it if I didn't like the Aquilas

I have always had good results using D'Addario Nyltech strings on my laminate ukes.

Top Bottom