Felt and Leather picks

zataonline

Reaction score
Aloha,

This might sounds stupid but I'm going to ask you guys anyway,

I would like to know what kind of the material that they (Felt and picks) made from?

And where can I buy it? or could go and looking for it? grocery store? stationary? or???

Actually, I've never seen a real one. I only see it from the internet. It looks like a foam or a thick carpet to me.

Can anyone recommend how to made it?

Mahalo,
Ta:shaka:

Ps. I just bought a new uke from MGM but I forgot to order a pick with it. (That's me, always)

Last edited:
Aloha,

This might sounds stupid but I'm going to ask you guys anyway,

I would like to know what kind of the material that they (Felt and picks) made from?

And where can I buy it? or could go and looking for it? grocery store? stationary? or???

Actually, I've never seen a real one. I only see it from the internet. It looks like a foam or a thick carpet to me.

Can anyone recommend how to made it?

Because in my country there is no one sale it. And I think I'm not going to pay 10 bucks for a 5 bucks picks.

Mahalo,
Ta:shaka:

Ps. I just bought a new uke from MGM but I forgot to order a pick with it. (That's me, always)

Hey have you tried playing without one? Did you play the guitar beforehand? You really don't need one to play the uke!

I bought felt picks when I first started out at the local music store. They didn't even sell ukuleles there, but maybe people use them on guitars too? Regardless, they were very cheap (maybe a couple dollars for 10), but I only tried them once and then never used them again. Maybe if you are used to playing a guitar, it would be better for you, but if you've never used a pick before (like me!!!) you might be better off just playing with your bare hands. Just grow some long fingernails!:D

never really liked the feeling of playing with a pick on the uke. try growing out your nails.

I hate the sounds of picks on uke strings. To me, it's like nails on a chalkboard. :D When I first started playing uke, I didn't have nails, so I played with a bare finger if that makes sense. It kind of hurt, but I got used to it, now I have longer nails and wow there is a major difference. Anyway, my suggestion, like everyone else, GROW THEM NAILS!!!!! :D:D

Top Bottom