Subiaco Ukulele Free For All -Western Australia

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
One of our clever members of the group that I play with on Saturday morning documents a "Song of the Week" (SOW). This time she roped me in to be the "roving reporter". You can why I chose to spend much of my career behind the camera instead of in front of it. Oh well, all in the name of good fun with good friends.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VT7OEnr_KNY&sns=fb

Great fun for sure, seems like a good bunch to gather and play with on a regular basis. Your boatpaddle looks excellent, really beautiful. Nice job on the video as it captures the spirit of the group and the song very well. Thanks for sharing Hollis.

Thanks Dave. Actually I felt rather silly but I wanted to pay something back to the person who always produces the video. We all highly value her work. And yes, I really love that BP.
I'll tell you one thing, I really love the sound port. If I can ever commission another Uke, that is one option I'd be happy to pay extra for.

Wonderful video, wonderful interview, and great performance! Lots of fun! Was the ukulele that went flying okay?

What a fun song, too. I've just done a version for our group. Hope they like it.

It was my Boat Paddle. It was hanging on my music stand and clumsy me knocked into it. There must have been an angel looking out it or some obscure phenomenon of nature because there wasn't a mark on it.
Thanks for saying that I didn't look like a complete idiot in the video, I really hate having to be in front of the camera(except for when I was an extra in Bollywood (in '69-'70)).

Last edited:
Your Boat Paddle went flying - and you are alive to tell about it! I would have fainted away! So glad the uke gods were looking out for you both! Yes, definitely a good video and a good job - not a dud in the whole of it. Now, I'd love to hear your Bollywood stories!!!

Top Bottom