Fremont Blackline on Opio Concert

cptdean

Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know that I put Fremont Blackline Medium strings on my KoAloha Opio Concert, and they sound GREAT!

I liked the factory strings a lot, and had heard they were likely Worths, so I switched to Worth CM Clear Low G last week. Gotta say I really didn't care for them, and the low G fought me every day. The Fremonts are much more comfortable, and they sound more even and less boomy. I'll reserve low G tuning for my inbound KTM-00.

From my limited experience of Fremont Blacklines on one tenor uke only, they sounded thin, felt thin and took forever to fully stretch (I'm talking a couple of weeks.) I have no tried them on other sized ukes. I've heard others rave about them so maybe it's just me and what I expect to hear.

Maybe they're a different animal on tenors. For the week I had them, the Worths never settled in, and the low G felt super fat. I'd like to try Worth browns next.

I am very pleased with the original strings on the soprano size, but thanks for the information.

Last edited:
Koaloha soprano and concert use worth CL. If you like that light, looser feel, the fatter CMs are, I agree, not comfortable. The first time I switched strings on my KoAloha I used CMs and hated it too. Then I tried CLs and was a happy camper again.

Koaloha soprano and concert use worth CL. If you like that light, looser feel, the fatter CMs are, I agree, not comfortable. The first time I switched strings on my KoAloha I used CMs and hated it too. Then I tried CLs and was a happy camper again.

Thanks for the tip. I'll order a set of the CL version today.

I just put Blacklines Low G on my Koala Tenor and I am very happy with them. Can't comment on their stretching, too early in the process.

I put blacklines on my old Islander MC-4 and they really lit the thing up, have a set ready for my AC-4! I loved Worth BM's on my Ohana cedar top, they warmed it up nicely! Those are my favorite strings, except for Martins of course, which are my ATF!

Top Bottom