LR Baggs Venue DI

bazmaz

Reaction score
Hi Baz.

Thanks for the great review (as always).

:) Booli

Thanks man.

Thinking now maybe I should have done a video - just hate the Youtube compression these days - wouldnt do it justice.

Thanks man.

Thinking now maybe I should have done a video - just hate the Youtube compression these days - wouldnt do it justice.

I wouldn't worry about it if you want to just give an overview. Even though it may seem/feel like your are cheating or being lazy (when compared to your very thorough videos), there's plenty of NAMM videos that you could link to though, whereby the LR Baggs rep will give a walkthrough of the features.

Like you said, a sound demo will just get mangled, but how badly and if the functions you describe can be heard well enough after the upload and compression...I dunno, but you could upload the vid, and set it to 'private' and then play it back with some decent speakers or even some decent headphones and see/hear just how bad the mangled audio truly is....and then decide after it's 'on' YT.

If you like it, then set the vid to 'public' and add it to your review, if not, then nobody has to know...

...just a thought :)

I think that is also my concern with YouTube - the speakers people play them back on. I have a uke comparison video up that still get's people saying 'I can't hear any difference' but if I play it through good speakers, the difference is night and day. An awful lot of people play these videos back through cell phone speakers!

Thanks for the review. I use one for my guitar, but not for the uke (I do use a 7 band EQ Boss EQ pedal for the uke). This Para DI/stomp box does wonders for the sound of my guitar.

Well naturally I wrote this from a uke perspective, but I have played a couple of Taylor guitars with their already sweet Expression system pickups through it - honestly wasn't expecting a huge leap, but it was staggeringly good with those.

I played a Kanile'a Tenor and a Pono Tenor with piezo fishman pickups through it - same experience. Masses of control on the tone and the feedback filter is a work of magic!

Baggs makes good stuff, and it's priced very reasonably. I've used a Baggs GigPro preamp for years, to the delight of every board operator I've worked with.

Thanks for the review ... coincidentally, I was in touch with Andrew Kitakis from HMS and he told me it is the only one he uses ... so that was good enough for me. I bought one and it was on back order ... but now it is being shipped. I bought it in advance of other equipment because it was on sale.

Now, I just need an amp ... any one use the Fishman Loudbox Mini or the SA220? Need two lines with this sweet VenueDI!

Top Bottom