Which ukulele

Rod Searle

Reaction score
Iam about to buy my second ukulele and have decided on one of these.
Kanilea Koa k1 concert or a hand made Honduran Mahogany concert
made by a top Australian luthier. Barron River Ukulele. My problem is due to my location
Iam unable to play and test the above, so Iam going by the internet
reviews only.
I would love any suggestions from fellow uke enthusiasts.

Last edited:
1) buy them both
2) buy the Kanilea because it's a known
3) buy the custom because it's unique
4) buy something else not listed in the OP.

It would probably help if you said who the luthier was.

Thanks for your reply, I would love both, but they are fairly expensive, so one only at this time.

1) buy them both
2) buy the Kanilea because it's a known
3) buy the custom because it's unique
4) buy something else not listed in the OP.

It would probably help if you said who the luthier was.

Barron River is a luthier that is active on this board. I think he is in or near Cairns in Queensland, Australia.

A no lose situation. Your heart is pushing you in one direction...........................go for it.

Welcome to the forum, Rod. Having owned two Barron River ukes I can vouch for the amazing playability, tone, aesthetics and overall craftsmanship. Custom instruments at very reasonable prices. I say stick close to home. Allen is a superb builder. Bosko & Honey play Barron River's also for what it's worth and they know a thing or two about a thing or two. :p If you check out his site he has a magnificent honduran hog concert available now. Demo of it here mate. Cheers.

If you can afford the custom, go for it. Nothing like having a uke that is like no one else's.

A no lose situation. Your heart is pushing you in one direction...........................go for it.

I agree, sounds like a win win!!!

Top Bottom