WTB: Entry level used Tenor or possible Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

bahama.blue

Reaction score
Helping a friend who's looking for their first uke. Have one sitting around not getting played? Prefer tenor, but will consider a concert.
Looking in the $120 or less range.
Thanks,
Mike

I don't know if this will help, but Kala's KA-T is a good beginner tenor, and HMS (theukulelesite.com) has it for $120. Shipping will be extra, but they will include a setup that would a lot cost more than shipping if done elsewhere. I have the Kala baritone in this series, and for the money, it's hard to beat unless you buy used. (The Makala tenor will lcost less but will need a setup and better strings, and I don't know of anyone who sells Makalas with a setup included.

Last edited:
might help if you include where you are. Shipping a uke is not inexpensive. If you can find one more locally, you can get more for your money.

Hey, I have a super nice Fender Nohea that I could let go for around $150 shipped (depending on your location).

image-3.jpg
image-2.jpg
image-1.jpg

Check out the pictures. It is an awesome uke. Sounds great and intonation is good. Comes with a case. It has a couple dings on the back edges due to one of my sons; purely cosmetic and does not affect the integrity of the instrument in any way. It is currently set up with an Aquila Red low "G" - the other strings are regular Nylgut. Strings are brand new.

Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:
Hey, I have a super nice Fender Nohea that I could let go for around $150 shipped (depending on your location).

View attachment 77804
View attachment 77805
View attachment 77806

Check out the pictures. It is an awesome uke. Sounds great and intonation is good. Comes with a case. It has a couple dings on the back edges due to one of my sons; purely cosmetic and does not affect the integrity of the instrument in any way. It is currently set up with an Aquila Red low "G" - the other strings are regular Nylgut. Strings are brand new.

Let me know if you are interested.

that's a good deal, blue...better beg or borrow another $30 and jump on it!

I have a Lanikai and a Gretsch tenor cutaways that I would sell for $125 each including shipping (see my signature). The Lanikai I added a Fishman Isys+ preamp/tuner, strap buttons and Worth brown strings. It sells for as much as $275, plus the preamp. The Gretsch comes with a Fishman Kula preamp/tuner, I added Worth CT strings and strap buttons, it's sells for around $225. Both come with a strap and gig bag.

I have a Lanikai and a Gretsch tenor cutaways that I would sell for $125 each including shipping (see my signature). The Lanikai I added a Fishman Isys+ preamp/tuner, strap buttons and Worth brown strings. It sells for as much as $275, plus the preamp. The Gretsch comes with a Fishman Kula preamp/tuner, I added Worth CT strings and strap buttons, it's sells for around $225. Both come with a strap and gig bag.

The Gretsch is a good buy at $125 including shipping. Very nice ukulele for the money.

I have a Kala KA-TG (gloss finish), fitted with a JJB electronics PPS-200 passive pickup, that I'd sell for $80 + actual shipping. One little mar on the finish - a dot of clear glue from when I installed the pickup. PM if interested.

Here's a couple of vids in which I used this uke. I had fluorocarbon strings on it at the time, but have since switched to Super Nylgut which give it a much fuller, less tinny sound. Will provide pics and/or vid on request.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NLPlCHf7NQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkyzmcAwEKA

Thanks for all the replys/offers. Went with the Gretsch from Kohanmike.
Cheers, Mike

Awesome, blue...plethora of choices! WTB ads are an amazing way to find what you want without even knowing what you want! :shaka:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom