PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Entry level used Tenor or possible Concert

bahama.blue
03-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Helping a friend who's looking for their first uke. Have one sitting around not getting played? Prefer tenor, but will consider a concert.
Looking in the $120 or less range.
Thanks,
Mike

cpmusic
03-24-2015, 09:07 PM
I don't know if this will help, but Kala's KA-T is a good beginner tenor, and HMS (theukulelesite.com) has it for $120. Shipping will be extra, but they will include a setup that would a lot cost more than shipping if done elsewhere. I have the Kala baritone in this series, and for the money, it's hard to beat unless you buy used. (The Makala tenor will lcost less but will need a setup and better strings, and I don't know of anyone who sells Makalas with a setup included.

spookelele
03-25-2015, 02:30 AM
might help if you include where you are. Shipping a uke is not inexpensive. If you can find one more locally, you can get more for your money.

mingus
03-25-2015, 03:17 AM
Hey, I have a super nice Fender Nohea that I could let go for around $150 shipped (depending on your location).

Check out the pictures. It is an awesome uke. Sounds great and intonation is good. Comes with a case. It has a couple dings on the back edges due to one of my sons; purely cosmetic and does not affect the integrity of the instrument in any way. It is currently set up with an Aquila Red low "G" - the other strings are regular Nylgut. Strings are brand new.

Let me know if you are interested.

UkerDanno
03-25-2015, 03:49 AM
Hey, I have a super nice Fender Nohea that I could let go for around $150 shipped (depending on your location).

Check out the pictures. It is an awesome uke. Sounds great and intonation is good. Comes with a case. It has a couple dings on the back edges due to one of my sons; purely cosmetic and does not affect the integrity of the instrument in any way. It is currently set up with an Aquila Red low "G" - the other strings are regular Nylgut. Strings are brand new.

Let me know if you are interested.

that's a good deal, blue...better beg or borrow another $30 and jump on it!

kohanmike
03-25-2015, 07:33 AM
I have a Lanikai and a Gretsch tenor cutaways that I would sell for $125 each including shipping (see my signature). The Lanikai I added a Fishman Isys+ preamp/tuner, strap buttons and Worth brown strings. It sells for as much as $275, plus the preamp. The Gretsch comes with a Fishman Kula preamp/tuner, I added Worth CT strings and strap buttons, it's sells for around $225. Both come with a strap and gig bag.

WhenDogsSing
03-25-2015, 07:40 AM
I have a Lanikai and a Gretsch tenor cutaways that I would sell for $125 each including shipping (see my signature). The Lanikai I added a Fishman Isys+ preamp/tuner, strap buttons and Worth brown strings. It sells for as much as $275, plus the preamp. The Gretsch comes with a Fishman Kula preamp/tuner, I added Worth CT strings and strap buttons, it's sells for around $225. Both come with a strap and gig bag.

The Gretsch is a good buy at $125 including shipping. Very nice ukulele for the money.

KoaDependent
03-25-2015, 07:56 AM
I have a Kala KA-TG (gloss finish), fitted with a JJB electronics PPS-200 passive pickup, that I'd sell for $80 + actual shipping. One little mar on the finish - a dot of clear glue from when I installed the pickup. PM if interested.

Here's a couple of vids in which I used this uke. I had fluorocarbon strings on it at the time, but have since switched to Super Nylgut which give it a much fuller, less tinny sound. Will provide pics and/or vid on request.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NLPlCHf7NQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkyzmcAwEKA

bahama.blue
03-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Thanks for all the replys/offers. Went with the Gretsch from Kohanmike.
Cheers, Mike

UkerDanno
03-25-2015, 06:20 PM
Awesome, blue...plethora of choices! WTB ads are an amazing way to find what you want without even knowing what you want! :shaka:

kohanmike
03-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all the replys/offers. Went with the Gretsch from Kohanmike.
Cheers, Mike

And I very much appreciate it. - Kohanmike

bahama.blue
03-25-2015, 07:06 PM
Thanks again all. Strum on!