Oasis uke humidifier - how to set it?

cpmusic

Reaction score
I got my new Pono tenor the other day, for which I also bought an Oasis humdifier. As I understand it, the humidifier is not supposed to touch the inside of the uke, but I don't see how that's possible given the weight of the humidifier and fairly large string hanger openings. If I set the uke on its back (in the case, of course) the humidifier's end rests on the inside of the back. If I stand up the uke, the humidifier rests against one of the top braces.

Am I missing something? Given the hanger design and the weight of the thing, I don't see how it's possible not to touch the inside of the uke.

I got my new Pono tenor the other day, for which I also bought an Oasis humdifier. As I understand it, the humidifier is not supposed to touch the inside of the uke, but I don't see how that's possible given the weight of the humidifier and fairly large string hanger openings. If I set the uke on its back (in the case, of course) the humidifier's end rests on the inside of the back. If I stand up the uke, the humidifier rests against one of the top braces.

Am I missing something? Given the hanger design and the weight of the thing, I don't see how it's possible not to touch the inside of the uke.

I have 3 Oasis humidifiers, and I don't have the hanger set-up on them. I just use the magnetic strip attached to the uke case interior, and then stick the oasis with the neodymium magnets.

Spookelele, thanks for the video. I'm assuming from it that it doesn't matter if the humidifier's case touches the inside of the instrument.

Mik, I've always been told there should be a humidifier inside the instrument, but that may be more important with guitar since it's a lot larger. Is the uke okay if the humidifier sits elsewhere in the case?

Thanks to both of you.

All of my Oasis rest on the brace or back of the Uke. No problems.

Most important is that there is no water on the outside of the Oasis.

Make sure it is dry before placing it in the ukulele.

Putting a humidifier in the case isn't nearly as effective as putting one inside the body of the uke where the humidity is needed most. The difference in humidity readings is pretty significant. The Oasis humidifier has a rubber like end which would be the part touching the inside of the uke. It's not a part of the humidifier that releases humidity so as long as the humidifier itself is dry when you put it in the body of the uke hanging from the strings, there should be no worries.

This was a very helpful thread as I was just affixing my Oasis uke humidifier and had the exact same questions about where it is touching inside. Thanks guys.

Top Bottom