Selling in the UK?

TheOsprey

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone on here ever sell in (or ship to) the UK? I have gas.

I've shipped to the UK many times. What exactly are you looking for to relieve your gas? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Hi!

Well after seeing one on here, I'm quite interested in a Kala KA FMCG, but in general I'm just looking to upgrade my concert uke to something in the £200 bracket. I currently own a Makala MK-C and love it, but want something with a warmer (?) sound...

How much does the shipping tend to cost to the UK?

Sorry about your gas, try Gas-X or Bean-o...:shaka:

Hi!

Well after seeing one on here, I'm quite interested in a Kala KA FMCG, but in general I'm just looking to upgrade my concert uke to something in the £200 bracket. I currently own a Makala MK-C and love it, but want something with a warmer (?) sound...

How much does the shipping tend to cost to the UK?

I'm not familiar with that uke, but it's only $269 from HMS (theukulelesite.com) and other dealers. If they have discounted shipping, they might be able to get it to you within, or close to, your budget (not counting customs on your end). You might save some cash if you find a used one, but a private seller might actually have to pay more for shipping than a dealer who has a corporate shipping account. I'd start by asking a reputable dealer like HMS or MIM how much it would cost to have that uke sent to you. Also, you might contact Kala and ask who their dealers are on your side of the pond, and see if the uke can be obtained closer to home.

As for the cost of shipping, it depends upon the size and weight of the package, the amount of insurance, as well as the destination. I just shipped a uke from California to New Zealand, and Priority Mail with insurance would have been about $65. That's a six-to-10-day trip. But again, a dealer might have better shipping rates.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
remember too that the British Pounds is relatively strong compared to the US Dollar. 200 pounds is roughly 300 US Dollars. So you have a lot of options there. The shipping may kill it though.
ps sorry about your gas :) I had some Taco Bell for lunch so I know all about it.

Thanks for your help everyone - I've found a dealer in London, so going to go for a trip there.

Hi, if you import from the usa you have to pay duty on your import. Try looking at the Southern Ukulele Store site. They have a store near Bournmouth and carry a good selection of Ukes.

A few UK-to-UK sales do pop up on here from time to time, which is ideal if you want something at less than shop price. If you buy from the US, postage is usually in the $65 to $100 range, but then you will have import duties to pay as well, which will add about another 25% to the cost. But bargains can still be had.

Last edited:
Hi check gumtree I have sold a couple of nice ukes on there recently, in fact I've just put my KoAloha KCM-OO on there.
ATB Steve.

Also Preloved - some good buys pop up on there from time to time. I do have a few ukes which are coming up for sale which I will add here as well as Preloved. Including my Kala KA-TE. Southern Ukuleles and Omega are excellent and send out well set up instruments if you buy new.

Also Preloved - some good buys pop up on there from time to time. I do have a few ukes which are coming up for sale which I will add here as well as Preloved. Including my Kala KA-TE. Southern Ukuleles and Omega are excellent and send out well set up instruments if you buy new.

Thanks - I'm trying Omega now.

Top Bottom