cars, motorcycle and road songs

ralphk

Reaction score
Our group is invited to a Route 66 car and motorcycle event in Tulsa as one of the acts. Got any suggestions on good songs?

Thanks

Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf. No Particular Place to Go by Chuck Berry. Badlands, The Promised Land, heck almost anything by Bruce Springsteen. Steve Earle.

Bill

Willin' (Lil' Feat) - Gotta be the best road song ever written.
This Ol' Car (Pete Seeger) is easy and fun
and anything at all by The Mountain Goats.

"Avocado" by Pete Norman. This song was included on a free CD with every Mazda Miata sold for several years.
"All the Songs Were Roadsongs" by Zoe Mulford

Me and Bobby McGee....

Are you avoiding "Route 66". For any reason? Great song, look up a Utube video of Asleep at the Wheel performing it.

Little Deuce Coupe and 409.

Born to Run
Thunder Road
Wagon Wheel
Big Yellow Taxi
Racing In The Street
Looking At The World Through A Windshield
Six Days On The Road

Osprey, Routte 66 is in our list. A version is in the Blue Book.

"Motorycycle Song (I Don't Want a Pickle, I Just Want to Ride My Motorcycle)", Arlo Guthrie
"Radar Love", Golden Earring
"Homeward Bound", Simon & Garfunkel
"Lodi", CCR
"Ramblin' Man", Allman Brothers

I'm In Love With My Car-Queen

"Motorycycle Song (I Don't Want a Pickle, I Just Want to Ride My Motorcycle)", Arlo Guthrie
"Radar Love", Golden Earring
"Homeward Bound", Simon & Garfunkel
"Lodi", CCR
"Ramblin' Man", Allman Brothers

When I sold luxury cars, I kept a Golden Earing CD with "Radar Love" and "When the Bullet Hits the Bone" handy for test drives of BMW M3's, M5's, Porsches and other sports cars. That CD sold an awful lot of cars :)

Love Willie's On the Road Again.

A new song our group is trying is Ramblin' Man, by the Allman Brothers. I mean, if you are born in the back of a Greyhound Bus, that is beyond roadie!!!!!
Another one we are doing is Turn the Page, by Bob Seger. A bit edgier than Ramblin' Man.

Top Bottom