Ukulele Seniors Fight Back!

What's interesting in Hawaii (rather Waikiki) is there are so many signs with an never-ending multitude of infractions around about breaking the law: don't feed the birds (you can be imprisoned for that Mary Poppins!), no camping, etc... It seems local officials have figured out every type of infraction due to modern man/woman on an island.

Actually, I saw that group of retirees jamming on Friday, March 6th in the late afternoon. I had to hang around my hotel lobby in Waikiki longer than I liked since I was waiting for my 11:15 pm flight from Honolulu back to Vancouver. So, I went out for part of the day and ran into two women from my uke tour group that were there and one named "Cat" was jamming with the group. I took her pic. Cat is holding up her finger up.

OntheBeach.jpg

Petey

Please, please people, when you use a phone to shoot a video, always hold it sideways, never up (never, NEVER). Sideways fills the screen and makes for a much better view on computers and TVs where they will be seen. That video would be three times larger if it was shot sideways and we would see the entire band clearly.

Arrest those ukulele playing senile delinquents! Put another Prada store there. Also, the police are trying to sleep in the station near by.

See, if they all had side sound ports they could hear themselves play and it wouldn't be a problem except for the attitude of the 'Nanny State'.

Aloha Petey, that is the shaka sign Cat is msking, it means hang loose and has spread to the surf community too :)

What's interesting in Hawaii (rather Waikiki) is there are so many signs with an never-ending multitude of infractions around about breaking the law: don't feed the birds (you can be imprisoned for that Mary Poppins!), no camping, etc... It seems local officials have figured out every type of infraction due to modern man/woman on an island.

Actually, I saw that group of retirees jamming on Friday, March 6th in the late afternoon. I had to hang around my hotel lobby in Waikiki longer than I liked since I was waiting for my 11:15 pm flight from Honolulu back to Vancouver. So, I went out for part of the day and ran into two women from my uke tour group that were there and one named "Cat" was jamming with the group. I took her pic. Cat is holding up her finger up.

View attachment 77842

Petey

Petey
Stuff like that goes on for decades and no one pays any attention to it, and then it just takes one person filing a complaint, and that is the end.

Next time I'm in Honolulu, I'm going to look them up and join them!

bobinde

Sounds a lot like Key West

No love for da makule kine....they're probably a bunch of troublemakers anyway...

I didn't see this thread and started another one. I played with these people several times in 1998-2002. Wonderful group. I miss them and want to join them again. They've had an amp forever. They used to have a guy playing lap steel guitar and it was amplified. Whoever was leading a song would go up and use the amp. It was so much fun.

Arrest those ukulele playing senile delinquents! Put another Prada store there. Also, the police are trying to sleep in the station near by.

hahahaha!!!! Thought Hawaii is the Aloha State!!!

So all it took was one complaint from some constipated curmudgeon to get the police to act on something no-one had complained about for 20 years?

I'd like to know who this killjoy was who had so much clout with the cops.

So all it took was one complaint from some constipated curmudgeon to get the police to act on something no-one had complained about for 20 years?

Probably called his city council representative. That is the best way to get attention.

I think that the valid point here, is that the Police did nothing about it for twenty years and then had to act on it when an official complaint was made . That is their job.... they exercised tolerance and restraint when there was no complaint and then had to uphold the law when some spoil sport twonk complained ......

Top Bottom