Encore Kiddie Concert

Papa Tom

Reaction score
A few years ago, I posted about having played my ukulele for a group of Pre-School children during "Letter U Week." It was the first time I had played it "live" and it turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life. The kids who come back to visit still remember it as a Pre-School highlight, too.

The scheduling didn't work out to repeat the performance last year, but this past Friday, I did it again. I have to say, if you ever want to feel good about playing the uke, get yourself in front of a group of 3 and 4 year-olds!

I had worked out a bunch of songs they sing in school every day and even managed to get them singing (translation: screaming at the top of their lungs) to "Let It Go" from "Frozen." However, I could have just stood up there and strummed "C" and "G" a half-dozen times and I would have walked away feeling like a rock star.

Last week, I made my banjolele debut at a large catered event, and that was the first time I had performed live anywhere since I left the music business almost twenty years ago. That experience was very cool, but nowhere near as exhilarating as the Pre-School show.

'Want to get past your reservations about playing in public? Start with an audience that's only as tall as your soprano ukulele!

Awesome. That post put a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom