Cheap Uke Hanger/Hooks?

Paul December

Reaction score
I'd like to wall mount my 4 ukes, but am a cheap bastard.
With shipping, 4 look like they will run me $50 ... any cheaper options out there without making something myself?

Check out Lowes or Home Depot for large tool hangers. I got several and they worked great for guitars in my last house. I mounted a 2x2 horizontally on the wall, drilled holes for the hangers, then screwed them in. I think they were about $1.75 each plus the cost of the 2x2.

Wanna go cheap?

Do what I did... all it requires is 1 peice of twine, 1 nail and a little peice of stick on felt padding (optional).

I tied the twine around the tuners, one end on the C tuner and the other on the E (gCEA). Banged the nail into the wall and hung up the uke. Looks good, is simple and, if you don't mind the little bit of twine hanging off the end of your headstock, cheap too!!

I figure if you want you can put the felt pad on the wall where your uke touches the wall.

Repeat 3 more times and you are done!

Andy

I have used those utility U-wall mounts in the past and they work quite well. Just make sure you go the extra yard and buy some foam tubbing to insulate over the rubber layer it comes with. The rubber layer it comes with is not forgiving enough and might affects the finish on your ukulele neck, chip and even make you cry ( as I did). here are a few pictures.

Fork out the extra 6 dollars for a meter foam tubing!

A package of screw-in hooks from Canadian Tire or similar hardware store: $2 for 6-12. A couple of packages of shoelaces or a spool of smooth cord: $2.

Tie the laces/cord into a loop. Double-up the loop around the tuners and hang on peg.

If you're screwing into drywall, use a drywall anchor because eventually the screw end will worry itself into a nasty hole with constant taking off-putting on. Or conversely, make sure you screw them into the studs.

Paul... you have pm. I'm in the process of making some wooden ones and you are welcome to them if you'd like :).

If you're screwing into drywall, use a drywall anchor because eventually the screw end will worry itself into a nasty hole with constant taking off-putting on. Or conversely, make sure you screw them into the studs.
No way I'd trust my guitars to anything other than a stud. Ukes are light enough that a drywall anchor should be fine.

No way I'd trust my guitars to anything other than a stud. Ukes are light enough that a drywall anchor should be fine.

I agree. When I did my original one for my guitars. I did the 2x2 horizontally so I could anchor it to studs in several places, but not have to stick to the studs to space my hangers. It worked great.

Top Bottom