FS: Collings UC3MSB - Spruce / Maple Tangerine Burst Ebony Trim Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telperion

Reaction score
Withdrawn: Collings UC3MSB - Spruce / Maple Tangerine Burst Ebony Trim Concert

[Withdrawn from sale] tangerine burst concert Collings UC3M. I actually never thought I'd do this, but there are more ukes I'd like to try, and I can't feasibly buy anything else without selling some. This one is an absolute gem, with figured maple body and neck, and a gorgeous sitka spruce top. The tangerine sunburst is outstanding, and the ukulele just glows. It almost seems to emit its own light when you open the case! Radiused fretboard, bridge, and headstock overlay are all ebony. Abalone rosette. Grained ivoroid full body, fretboard, and headstock bindings. Ivoroid heel cap and end graft. B/W/B purfling. Mosaic back strip. High gloss nitrocellulose finish. 12 frets to the body, 18 total. Peghed 4:1 geared tuners. Bone nut and saddle. Currently strung with Savarez 140R strings. Comes with original Collings case (made by Ameritage) and Oasis ukulele humidifier. Everything is in excellent condition, and has been handled with care. Always kept properly humidified. From a non-smoking and pet free home.

Like I said, this is a tough one to sell, and it's absolutely one of my favorite ukes I've ever owned. If you've played Collings' higher end ukuleles before, then you know that the fit and finish is second to none, and the playability is superb. The tone is incredible - crisp and sparkly, while still being rich and warm. Great clarity and projection. I've mostly used it for finger picking, but it sounds great strumming too - almost has a vintage vibe to it. I'm not sure that anyone does a sunburst like Collings, and this one is spot on, really bringing out the curl in the maple and chatoyance of the sitka.

I purchased this just over a year ago from HMS and I am the first owner. I am asking $, which includes shipping within the US, and paypal fees. Again the sale includes the UC3MSB, Collings case, and humidifier, but not the Cooper stand. Please feel free to ask any questions and thanks for looking!

UC3MSB Full Front 2.jpgUC3MSB Full Back 1.jpgUC3MSB Full Front 1.jpgUC3MSB Top Angle.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same uke in cherry finish. It is a great instrument with lovely tone. I highly recommend it!

Man collings sure knows what they are doing ;)

Well, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I unexpectedly sold a couple other instruments, which means I get to keep this one. Whew, that was a close one!

Thanks for all the interest,

-Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom