FS: Ko'olau CS Tenor - Bearclaw Sitka Spruce with Milo, Slotted Headstock, Koa Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telperion

Reaction score
SOLD: Ko'olau CS Tenor Bearclaw Sitka Spruce with Milo, Slotted Headstock, Koa Bound

SOLD - For sale is another one of my best instruments. This is an incredible tenor, hand built by Noa Bonk at Ko'olau. I commisioned this custom build through HMS, and took delivery just over a year ago. The body is made from rare Hawaiian milo and is gorgeous, with a silky, ribbon-like figure, and nice rich color. The top is a highly figured single piece of bearclaw sitka spruce. Abalone rosette. Mahogany neck. Ebony radiused fretboard and pin style bridge. The fretboard does not have inlay markers, but there are side dots for easy playing. Bindings and headstock overlay are highly figured koa. Slotted headstock with Gotoh machine tuners. Satin nitrocellulose finish. Comes with an excellent Ko'olau CS wooden hardshell case. Although pictures show the uke strung with Ko'olau Gold strings, it is now strung with a new set of D'Addario J71's, which I think sound a little better on this instrument. Everthing is in great condition, with only minor wear from playing, and some glossing to the satin finish on the neck. Always kept properly humidified. From a smoke-free and pet-free home.

This is a tremendous player, with great volume and projection. Good clarity without sacrificing warmth and depth. The fit and finish is incredible, and the overall build quality is super solid. All hide glue construction for optimal acoustics.

I am asking $---- for the ukulele, Ko'olau case, Oasis ukulele humidifier, shipping within the U.S., and PayPal fees (Cooperstand mini stand is not included). Take advantage of this opportunity to pick up a great custom ukulele without the 9 month wait. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, and thanks so much for looking!

Ko'olau CS Full Front.jpgKo'olau CS Full Back.jpgKo'olau CS Side.jpgKo'olau CS End.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly if I had not just ordered a custom Kanile'a I would be all over this. I was so close to getting a milo Ko'olau. Best of luck with your sale-- it looks like a fantastic instrument!

Honestly if I had not just ordered a custom Kanile'a I would be all over this. I was so close to getting a milo Ko'olau. Best of luck with your sale-- it looks like a fantastic instrument!

Thanks, Natalie. Nothing wrong with a Kanile'a! Congrats on your custom order. I've actually put this up for sale before, but had such seller's remorse that I took it down. I hate to part with it, but I'm fairly certain the money is going to go to a new custom Ko'olau. That's how I'm justifying it!

-Steve

This ukulele has been sold. Thanks for all the interest!

-Steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom