Jake Live 3-7-09

pwest71

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Just wanted to post on the amazing show Jake put on last night at EJ Thomas Hall at the University of Akron in Ohio. It was the second time I've seen him live, and if you've never seen him in person, please make sure you do your best to make it to a show soon, you never know how big things are going to get and maybe you won't be able to experience him in such intimate settings as he's been performing in. He's such an amazing talent, and even better, a genuinely nice person. He hung around for at least 2 hours after his show to sign autographs and is so gracious. I've been playing guitar for 27 years now, and have worked in a music store and had the opportunity to meet many "professional" musicians, both MAJOR artists, and other still trying to be major artists, and NO ONE has ever been as sincere and nice as Jake. It's refreshing to see someone so talented be so grounded and gracious. Also picked up his new live CD, INCREDIBLE. Don't miss it.

Paul

I saw him a week ago in Waikiki. Excellent show, got to meet him and get his new live CD signed. His whole family was there, and he called his brother up to do a couple songs.
If you can make it, GO! You won't be disappointed.

Attachments

• mejakesmall.jpg
    mejakesmall.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 21
He's playing about an hour away from me tonight in Ft Wayne, sure wish I could make it but there is no way I can get there tonight.

i was also there at the ej thomas hall. It was an incredible show. he was the first uke player i have ever met with 4 years of playing. i brought my lanikai and he signed it, and he signed his dvd: play loud ukulele, and his new live cd too. He really is the nicest guy in the world, and at the end while i was waiting in line I started playing something, by george harrison, and he loved it lol! ill be putting pics up later tonight of the concert.

nick

Ukulele Player Magazine was there. I wrote the article on Jake today. Issue Four is a few days away from release. In this issue, we have the Jake concert review, the interview, the CD review and also some concert shots I took right at the left front of the stage.

I also had a chance to get in with Jake before the show and get some shots in the dressing room.

Here I am with Jake...

mick_with_jake.jpg

2nt8kqr.jpg

152hjs4.jpg

30ldses.jpg

sry that they are so big. my laptop doesnt have any cropping capabilities seeing as it was made when jesus went to high school.

there were more, but these are just the basic ones lol

Last edited:
LOL. I know you jk, but it was funny because basically the entire time he was dancing around stage lol. it was awesome.

He comes to St. Paul tomorrow (Tuesday) night. Wouldn't you know the weather forecast is for a horrible winter storm starting tonight lasting until tomorrow night. AND I've had my tickets since May of last year AND my tickets are second row, center AND I'm terrible excited AND if the show is cancelled I will be really depressed.

LOL, deach. Have you ever seen him play live? It's so incredible. He plays with his eyes closed a lot.

I have some really great shots that I am sharing with Jake and his management. I was hand-holding the camera, shooting with a professional 2.8 aperture 28-75 zoom about 1/30 of a second shutter speed. I have some very clear shots of Jake in the dressing room before he went onstage, too. You will see some of the shots in the magazine.

Top Bottom