UAS Ohana Pocket Uke

timmit65

Reaction score
So, I dropped by Uke Republic on a trip to Atlanta. My plan was to just buy some strings and look around. That's not an easy thing to do! I ended up walking out with an Ohana Pocket Uke. I have to say it's really, really nice. Mike's a super nice guy, too!IMG_1940.jpgIMG_1941.jpg

Wonderful! Love the headstock on that Ohana. I have an Ohana concert and soprano and I love them both. Happy strumming to you!

How big is Uke Republic? I have often wanted to visit there, but we haven't been to Atlanta in a long while, and I'm in the northern part of Alabama, so it may be a while.

So, I dropped by Uke Republic on a trip to Atlanta. My plan was to just buy some strings and look around. That's not an easy thing to do! I ended up walking out with an Ohana Pocket Uke. I have to say it's really, really nice. Mike's a super nice guy, too!View attachment 77911View attachment 77912

Is that the SK21M sopranino model?
I got one a year ago and I'm very happy with it. I tuned it in high D and it really sounds nice.

Congratulations!

I didn't get a chance to visit Uke Republic when I was in Atlanta in late 2013, but I've bought stuff online from Uke Republic and Mike is a great guy. And I got one of those pocket ukes from the Ohana booth at the Wine Country Ukulele Festival in Napa a few years ago and it's a delightful instrument. Congrats on your new uke!

I see Mike at the Tampa Bay Uke Getaway every year. Awesome guy and dealer. One of the online dealers that set's the "gold standard."

I am also a Uke Republic fan. I visited the store once about a year ago. It is small but it is ukulele centered. Mike is a great guy to talk to about your Uke concers. I have bought strings online from Uke Republic several times. They are mailed the same day I placed the order and show up with in a day or so. If you have a string question call Mike he will give you sage advice.

Congratulations timmit65!
LOL
I was actually fiddling with mine, and scrolling UU when I came across this topic.
Also tuned mine in high D
Such a wonderfully cute puppy :)

My Ohana sopranino is one of my keeper ukes. I may not play her everyday but I can't imagine not having her either.

Jenny, not to hijack timmit's thread but I thought I'd tell you! It's not that big, but the thing is Mike's filled it with gems - no filler! I live on I20 between Birmingham and Atlanta. If you ever want to ride with me that'd be fine. :)

Thank you so much! I may take you up on that!

We've had some UBA members go there a few times, even take a few of the classes there, and they have all said how wonderful it is. I will make it one day!!!

Congrats! I've been wanting a uke from Mike, see him at every TBUG. He's a very nice fellow. I love my Ohana, too!

If you have a string question call Mike he will give you sage advice.

That's the truth! I ended up buying 5 or 6 sets of strings. I'm sure I'll buy more in the future!

Wonderful! Love the headstock on that Ohana. I have an Ohana concert and soprano and I love them both. Happy strumming to you!

How big is Uke Republic? I have often wanted to visit there, but we haven't been to Atlanta in a long while, and I'm in the northern part of Alabama, so it may be a while.

Not too big...just big enough to find what you're looking for!

Top Bottom